Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Can't stop the (non) Rock So I'm so outta here

Started by tekla, April 30, 2011, 10:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

Well off to do metal tonight (Cavalera Conspiracy) and hip-hop (Hollywood Undead) tomorrow at the Filmore, then the weirdest 4 night run in the world at the Warfield -- Ke$ha>James Blunt>Ditty's Dirty Money>Yanni. Talk about your "and now for something completely different"

Of those 6 shows, only one could really be described as Rock.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

pixiegirl

Maybe you can convince James Blunt to run over Ke$ha with his tank...
  •  

nickikim

Just run over the autotune, bet she sounds like.........
  •  

JungianZoe

Quote from: nickikim on April 30, 2011, 03:59:22 PM

............Yoko Ono?  :eusa_whistle:
  •  

Arch

So, Tekla, I can't quite tell. Are you getting your rocks off or not??
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

pixiegirl

Quote from: nickikim on April 30, 2011, 03:59:22 PM

something would happen very much like this?

•  

justmeinoz

I could have run over Yoko with a Heathrow Airport trolley, but she passed before I recognised her.  >:(
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

JungianZoe

Quote from: justmeinoz on May 01, 2011, 07:30:48 AM
I could have run over Yoko with a Heathrow Airport trolley, but she passed before I recognised her.  >:(

Yokos are fast ones!  One blink and they're outta'there. ;D

About 10 years ago, I saw Little Richard in one of those trolleys at an airport in Kentucky.  He wasn't driving, but he was beeping the horn and waving at everyone in the terminal.  It was a lot cooler than it sounds, actually.  :laugh:  Even in person, that man didn't look a day over 40.
  •  

Julie Marie

Whoa!  Are you sure you're gonna survive?  How much confusion can the brain take before it melts?

Tell me... Did the night END with Yanni?
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

tekla

Not the night, the week, I just did the first two nights, Hollywood Undead sucked, Cavalera Conspiracy was passable metal.  Day off then Ke$ha.
  •  

MillieB

I thought that James Blunt concerts had been classified as torture and banned under the Geneva convention!!!! :o
  •  

tekla

You ain't kidding.  I've done his shows before, talk about a sleep aid.  A good friend of mine says that 'good bands have one good song (and just write that song over and over) and great bands have two.'  James Blunt so totally has only one song, same chord changes, same kind of bridges, same build to the tonic, same, same, same.  But it should be a nice lull between Ke$ha and Puff Daddy (or whatever his name is this week - but I hear his Dirty Money girls are easy on the eyes.  I'm kinda looking forward to the Diddy show, that will be the big time super greasy show biz stuff.

•  

justmeinoz

Ke$ha?  I find it impossible to take someone seriously when they have a $ in their name.  Maybe we can get Ozzie to bite her head off!! >:-)
Karen.  Sorry, I have to go and play 'Paranoid' on the bass after mentioning her name.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •