Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Me in real life

Started by MarinaM, March 28, 2011, 11:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarinaM

This is me bearing my soul (in bad lighting, with quickly done makeup, and with my throat all congested :)

•  

Melody Maia

Emma,
This seemed much to much a painful thing for you to do for me to ever dream of critiquing your presentation or voice. This video was not about that, but about you baring your soul to the world. The only thing I will say is try putting the computer camera level with your eyes next time. Besides that you are beautiful and very brave. I for one could easily see the woman you are inside and will soon be outside and I dearly hope your friends and family will as well. I think we can all share in the pain and anxiety you were obviously feeling. Good luck sister as you move on in your transition. There will surely be tough times ahead, but we are here to lend an ear, give advice and commiserate as needed.
and i know that i'm never alone
and i know that my heart is my home
Every missing piece of me
I can find in a melody

O
  •  

MarinaM

Thank you melody :)

And I guess bearing my soul really is what those are all about- because I would never have normally settled for that sort of presentation. That lighting is the worst lighting ever, and it actually accentuates my beard shadow.

Maybe stating the brain being intersexed is wrong too... Oh well. It's done.
  •  

Padma

Okay, I don't know if this is the kind of feedback you're after, but: you have a totally lovely smile - if what you're doing with your life leads you to smile that smile more, go for it, because it makes you look gorgeous :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

MarinaM

Oh Yoxi you polyamazing person you  :laugh:

I was just thinking that this could be a sort of thread where others can put up their own videos! That would be a great idea, because I found the whole thing very cathartic. No matter your current state, no matter whether you're trying to pass yet, feel free to post away :) (if it's okay with the admins, this should probably be moved to a more visible forum)

- Emma
  •  

Janet_Girl

Emma, dear.  You sound and look good.  You might try Hot tea and Honey with lemon for the throat.  So many can relate to your story.  It sounds so familiar.

You will see many changes once you begin HRT. 
  •  

Gabby

Emma don't be hard on yourself about not going as you to the interview you have very good reason, remember a glorious future lies just ahead :)

I wrote alot of stuff about the female/male brain but deleted it we'll have to have a talk about it one day as it's fascinating :)  Also about meandering studies, I ended up with Philosophy major because it's what I do all the time, at it's core it's a completely personal activity but I have learnt so much from reading Wittgenstein and Heidegger. 

Your voice I can hear female tonal ranges naturally there, you are going to be fine I think :)

Very best of luck hope you get that job :D
  •  

MarinaM

Thank you, sisters :) Doing this felt so good. It actually put the GID on hold and I forgot to take my spiro! I was so excited!

The second I got home from that interview I popped the pill :) I think I got the job!
  •  

Padma

Fingers crossed. What's the job?
Womandrogyne™
  •  

MarinaM

Quote from: yoxi on March 30, 2011, 02:19:41 PM
Fingers crossed. What's the job?

Aquatic bio assessment with the department of fish and game. Four days in the field, three days at home every week. Lots of hotels and camping involved. It's going to be very stressful, nasty, dirty, and generally un-womanly. But I have to build the resume.

I am planning to have a degree in environmental policy analysis and planning with an emphasis on water quality (UC Davis). There's no way in he** I'm not going to have a job. Stigma about trans status = nullified by my awesomeness.
  •  

Padma

Bloody right - meanwhile, a job that pays you to be outdoors half the time is worth more than you might think - good for the heart and mind :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

MarinaM

Thread necro!

Will I regret this? Heck yes I will.

This video is not about me.
  •  

MarinaM

Quote from: Caleb_ on May 02, 2011, 10:35:47 PM
So. Cute. I almost died. I'd put hearts if my smileys were loading. <3

Did you get my picture? you were the first one to see it!

My baby is the mental mirror image of me, and she strips naked for no good reason at all out of nowhere... totally out of control
  •  

Janet_Girl

She is adorable.  And yes we can tell where she got her hair from.  hehe.

At her age the shedding of clothes seems normal.  In public it does get a little embarrassing :icon_redface:.
  •  

Just Shelly

Emma

You could of sounded like Wolf Man Jack and I wouldn't of cared. I hope your first video was as therapeutic for you as it was for me. You bared your soul.

I needed to see something like this, especially since I cried more then I ever have at my therapist appt. today.

I LOVE the second video even more you are being yourself so naturally (and I don't mean HIM) and that sweety with you OMG how precious! :D

Oh by the way I think she wiped a booger on you during the video ;D ;D ;D

Shelly
  •  

MarinaM

Quote from: Just Shelly on May 02, 2011, 10:47:52 PM
Emma

You could of sounded like Wolf Man Jack and I wouldn't of cared. I hope your first video was as therapeutic for you as it was for me. You bared your soul.

I needed to see something like this, especially since I cried more then I ever have at my therapist appt. today.

I LOVE the second video even more you are being yourself so naturally (and I don't mean HIM) and that sweety with you OMG how precious! :D

Oh by the way I think she wiped a booger on you during the video ;D ;D ;D

Shelly

I try to maintain a voice that works both  ways, I'm almost comfortable with that voice, I just have to polish it up with full time. She  was doing all kinds of crazy business!

Yeah, babies are nuts. I love,, mine!

•