Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Will a gender therapist convince my parents?

Started by harlee, May 06, 2011, 06:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harlee

I have been seeing a normal psychiatrist for the last year, and it has gone...well, pretty bad  :-X He really didnt know what he was talking about, and I really did not know what he was talking about. A couple of months ago he finally referred me to an endocrinologist and I was able to get some blood tests and stuff done there. My parents say they dont really want me to start hormones because they think I am going to change my mind, and that I do not have enough experience in life...or some stupid excuse like that. My dad also thinks I will want to be pregnant one day  :-\

Anyway, this endocrinologist has been really helpful, I think she wants to help me start testosterone as the next step, but she has only ever treated MTF's and has never treated someone under the age of 18. So she referred me to a gender therapist she was able to get into contact with! ;D Im excited cause I am seeing my first gender therapist on Wednesday...tho I believe I was told I was seeing this therapist to really just confirm my diagnoses?  ???

I guess what I really want to know is, will a gender therapist try to convince my parents that I cant change my mind, and that taking hormones is really the next thing I need to be doing? My mum and dad do not believe that its the way I should be going  :'( They will only listen to someone who will professionally tell them I need testosterone!

•