Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Transmasculine voice training?

Started by ftagn, May 05, 2011, 03:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftagn

I have a female voice. It is on the deeper end of female voices, but it is definitely female. I don't really feel comfortable taking T, but I want to have a passably male voice. Where can I find a voice therapist who would do an FtM training?
  •  

Arch

Vince is asking about something similar here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,98135.0.html.

I once looked for speech therapists online in my city and found quite a few. Nobody listed FTM voice training, but I imagine that I could have called them up one by one and inquired. You might also look for someone who does MTF voice training. If nothing else, maybe that person could refer you to someone appropriate.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

regan

Quote from: Arch on May 08, 2011, 06:39:00 PM
I once looked for speech therapists online in my city and found quite a few. Nobody listed FTM voice training, but I imagine that I could have called them up one by one and inquired. You might also look for someone who does MTF voice training. If nothing else, maybe that person could refer you to someone appropriate.

I would think a voice therapist is a voice therapist, if you can train an MTF I would think training an FTM would be just the opposite.
Our biograhies are our own and we need to accept our own diversity without being ashamed that we're somehow not trans enough.
  •