Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

what am i?

Started by Shambles, August 01, 2018, 06:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

It's easy to get caught up in the whole i'm definitely mtf once you get the trans bomb drop but when i step back i'm still questioning what i actually am and was hoping to get some insite from you lovely people. I'll try not to ramble and keep it to points.

AMAB, defiantly trans

Not too bothered if dont pass as female after transition but would be nice if can pull it off

Want mtf full dose hormones & FFS
i'm 4 lasor seasons into face hair removal
Possible hair transplant / Possible SRS
Already have c cup chest pre hormones and want bigger

Definitely not male, defiantly more female but cant say 100% fem at this point

Like the idea of ppl not knowing if i'm male or female

Ear piercings - fem colours / designs and like to wear light foundation (really wanna get some eye make up too), i shave head fully every few days so hides male pattern baldness. Wear clear or sometimes colour on nails but always have something on them

Cloths - not into dresses but neutral or fem clothes are good.

Dont like the term MTF, see it as more of a state of the transition period not the end state, end state for a mtf would be trans fem in my eyes as wouldn't want the M in any term to describe me.  Like the idea of being able to pick and choose from both gender roles but overall still fem. If i had to put a % of male to female it would be in the range of 70-95% female.

So i'm left thinking -

i am mtf but life experiences upto this point might be making me doubt things
trans feminine
androgynous
bigender between androgynous and female
demigirl

If non binary i'm leaning towards trans fem and Pansexual if not still mtf in transition.

Any thoughts?
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

Satinjoy

You have  a pretty good handle on it, imo, and actually, the question is "Who am I". 

There is a blurring point between nonbinary trans and binary trans that becomes kind of a place where the question also becomes, does it matter.

It used to matter when the gatekeepers required full life etc to get necessary surguries and they still do that, force the conformance to binary transition for nonbinary identities that require surgery to be mentally healthy.  That fear root is one of the biggest problems we have, it enforces a binary approach to being trans.

But the bottom line, is what makes you happy.   There is no reason to conform to stereotypes, I have clear polished nails by the way, and can't stand it when they aren't.  My typical presentation is more androgyne than anything else.

I really like living like that.  It feels so natural.

And that's really the thing, what feels natural, what feels pushed.  If its pushed why do it?  Its not coming from your core if its pushed, its not coming from truth.  If your goal is to come from truth, then it starts with feeling what is hollow and what is full.

And from there you can do anything you want, you get the mirror to look back at you feeling good about what you see, and take it from there, monitoring dysphoria.

I consider myself kind of mtf trans, but in actuality its more mta.  The difference is I take full transition hormones.

A full transition does not make you any less nonbinary than a partial transition or no hormone transition does.  Transition is just modifying your body to represent who you are, more than represent, be.

Its to get your sex, sexuality, and gender lined up with you. 

Then we line that up socially, and that's where it can get tough, especially nonbinary.  But when I look at myself, there isn't too much different from me being like a lesbian woman out there in the world, there is a similarity that runs fairly deep.  I am bisexual by the way, I just don't act on the side that is attracted to men.   Unfortunately my body is wired that way, its a hard sacrifice I make because I love my cisgender straight wife.   She accepts me as an androgyne and not as mtf ts.  I am cool with that.

Like I said, you cannot see the difference visually between me and a ts woman.  At least not early in the morning or late at night.   She sees the nonbinary spirit in me, and that's the core of this whole conversation, for me.

Do anything, be anything, but the question is usually not what am I, which can limit you, but who am I, which can free you and take you straight to your living, loving, truth.
Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Sh'e took the little blue ones.
  •  

Dani

It sounds like the OP knows herself very well. Why get overly concerned by a label?

I have been around long enough to hear the terminology change several times when trying to describe the same condition. So, I ask, do we really need to label ourselves?
  •  

Sno

The answer my dear is simple.

You are.

What ever you make of yourself. That is what you are. It isn't a label, it's a free and happy life that is the destination, and that always takes a little trial and error...

So go be you. The best you, you can be

(Hugs)

Rowan
  •  

Shambles

Thanks all for the support  ) hugs
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

Satinjoy

Keep seeking, keep finding.

:)

Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Sh'e took the little blue ones.
  •  

Sonja

@Shambles,

Hey Shambles,  I would encourage you to think about all the cis woman who do stuff that used to be classed as male orientated stuff. Currently in NZ we have an olympic medalist in BMX, cis-girl and she is gorgeous. plus female shot put, and high jump etc etc.  As you would know there are many girls/women doing everything these days. When you think about you as a person, try not to limit yourself by excluding anything you might perceive as masculine simply to head towards more femininity, because if girls are proving anything these days its that there are no boundaries anymore.
Do what feels right and let that be who you are, let the girl you are hold on to what ever character traits and things you do as an example of the type of girl YOU are.  I can't think of any woman I know that I would describe as 100% female, is there such a thing?  I am 70f30%m and it always shifts daily (prob 60f40m today). My wife I would describe as 85f15m  and she is a real princess...

Take care,

Sonja.
  •