Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Awkward Anatomy Question

Started by Ratchet, May 26, 2011, 05:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnailPace

I just wanted to add in here that, although I'm sure we've all thought this way at one point or another, even if you do have an intersex condition that doesn't have anything to do with being trans*.

For example, two people with identical intersex genitalia could have different gender identities and they would both be completely legitimate.  I know it seems obvious since we're on a trans* forum, but it's easy to forget, that two people with ANY time of genitalia (whether it be male assigned, female assigned, or intersex) can have much different gender identities.

So as much as it is tempting to wish you had an intersex condition for a "good reason" for being trans... it isn't.
  •  

Ratchet

Quote from: SnailPace on May 28, 2011, 01:21:20 AM
I just wanted to add in here that, although I'm sure we've all thought this way at one point or another, even if you do have an intersex condition that doesn't have anything to do with being trans*.

For example, two people with identical intersex genitalia could have different gender identities and they would both be completely legitimate.  I know it seems obvious since we're on a trans* forum, but it's easy to forget, that two people with ANY time of genitalia (whether it be male assigned, female assigned, or intersex) can have much different gender identities.

So as much as it is tempting to wish you had an intersex condition for a "good reason" for being trans... it isn't.

Oh, I know that. But when I was younger, it was just one of those things. I've always been the type of kid that needed to know the "why"s of everything. Most people don't question gender, or view it as an identity or anything more then what happens by chance, by the parts given to you. I, of course, was no exception to that rule. So, I'd try to figure it out. As a kid, just trying to get answers to why maybe I was the way I was. It's not like I wanted it to work out this way. As I've always heard, "Why would I chose this sort of life for myself?".

I was just simply getting an idea of what other people... were like... in that general area. Just as a long standing curiosity. Not because I identify differently, I am a male. But it would be nice to lay the long standing thoughts and things I tried to figure out to tell myself and my family so they didn't think I was some kind of crazy. I always wondered "Why am I like this?" so... naturally I did some searching, haha
  •