Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Just your everyday homophobia

Started by Sly, April 03, 2011, 06:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly

I made this little video/comic thing about something that happened to me on the bus the other day...

I know it's minor compared to a lot of stuff that happens out there, but it still pissed me off.

Janet_Girl

Cute, Sly.  And I totally know how it went.
  •  

Cindy

Nice stuff Sly.

It just goes to show that a dork is a dork is a dork.
And that you have good manners and humanity.

Be proud of yourself. You should be.

Cindy
  •  

Dana Lane

I went to a bar I used to frequent before my transition and this guy I was sitting next to looked at me and an instant horrified look came across his face and he 'ran' to the end of the bar. It was actually too funny to offend me.
============
Former TS Separatist who feels deep regret
http://www.transadvocate.com/category/dana-taylor
  •  

Alex37

awesome comic! 

i hate that sh*t  >:(  sorry it happened to you
If you're going through hell, keep going.   Winston Churchill
  •  

xxUltraModLadyxx

Quote from: Sylvester on April 03, 2011, 06:46:19 PM
I made this little video/comic thing about something that happened to me on the bus the other day...

I know it's minor compared to a lot of stuff that happens out there, but it still pissed me off.

at least you got to have the seat to yourself. i'd probably be pissed off, but usually on a bus i just don't want to be bothered by people, and prefer to have the seat to myself.
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

-CRaSH-

Nice lil' comic, I like the art style.

Though I'm curious Sly, why is it that you have a negative view of people who dress conservatively?
  •  

justmeinoz

Love your artwork. 
I wonder what the odds of the guy he sat next to being gay were! Sounds like he could have been. ;D
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Sly

Quote from: -CRaSH- on April 09, 2011, 03:48:03 AM
Nice lil' comic, I like the art style.

Though I'm curious Sly, why is it that you have a negative view of people who dress conservatively?

Hahaha sorry it took so long to answer.  I'm not super active here.

It's not really that I view anyone negatively, but I can see how it could come across that way.  It just kind of insulted me that this guy didn't want anything to do with me and instead went to sit by someone who looked "normal."

gennee

I know how you feel, Sylvester. It happened to me last week. And I was even dressed! I was in male mode. I paint my toenails and on this day my fingernails were painted also. Some dude started saying nasty things though I didn't know that it was directed at me. I didn't like his nastiness and rudeness (there were women on the train)  so I moved to another car. I was surprised when he briefly entere d the car, called me some vile names then left. That's when I realized that he was targeting me.

When I got home I told my wife. It stings at first but to me this is a reflection on him, not me.

Gennee

Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

Taka

that story reminded me of how i used other peoples islamophobia when i was in high school. i wore a hijab (irani style) whenever i took the bus, and it really only happened once that a northern european sat down beside me. that was probably just because there were no other places to sit (i'm not a muslim though, i just felt like rebelling after the western world started their war against "terror")

prejudice is such a meaningless thing, it only keeps you from getting to know lots of great people
  •  

Nemo

Quote from: explorer on June 10, 2011, 05:34:26 PM
prejudice is such a meaningless thing, it only keeps you from getting to know lots of great people

Couldn't agree more!

New blog in progress - when I conquer my writer's block :P
  •