Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Login Verification?

Started by MaxAloysius, May 24, 2011, 04:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxAloysius

Hey, so I leave my computer on overnight because I have issues with shutting it down (it's old and clunky :'( ) and this morning when I got up and checked it there was a pop-up window waiting for me on my desktop, asking for user verification for the site 'www.susans.org' and said something about 'for site staff'. It was just one short line and then a box for me to put my username and password.

I was still loged on to the site, and I'm always really cautious about giving info away, so I pressed cancel and it disappeared, and I haven't has any issues accessing the forum since. Is this normal, or was something else trying to get logon information from me?
  •  

Da Monkey

I think the server was shut down from noon to about five, judging by the recent gaps in 'unread posts since last visited' times.
The story is the same, I've just personalized the name.
  •  

N.Chaos

•  

GorJess

I looked into the error report message that I was getting earlier today, seems like someone hacked the site, from what I can gather. As for the login information, I suspect that would be due to the admins of this great site cleaning/fixing up the site of any hate posts, hacking, etc.

Glad to see the site is back and up, though!  :)
You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. -Woodrow Wilson

With Dr. Marci Bowers in San Mateo
  •  

MaxAloysius

Awesome, just wanted to check it wasn't something more sinister :P
  •