Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

PRIDE gear :D

Started by Sevan, May 28, 2011, 01:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevan

As I was thinking about what I wanted to wear to PRIDE this year I started looking around and couldn't really find any shirts that "Fit" so off I went to a graphic designer friend of mine who came up with a graphic I'm now TOTALLY in love with!! So I promptly put it on a bunch of gear in cafepress and now you've got this:
http://www.cafepress.com/androgyn7

So I just HAD to share because I so excited!!! (yes I know we spell it "androgyne" here and I spelled it "androgyn" there as I always do because I just can't abide that extra "e"....lol.)

Figured if any other folks wanted some PRIDE wear...I thought I'd share! Anyone else have stores or links or items that you love that express your PRIDE? June is PRIDE month!
I'm also the spouse to the fabulous Mrs. Cynthialee.

•  

tekla

In SF we just wave our dicks at each other.  (And that's not too far off.)

I just go to the stuff, I try to make at least one of the big three events (Trans March, Pink Saturday, or the Big, Huge and large heavily corporate sponsored* logo and advertising driven cluster>-bleeped-< that is THE parade anymore).  If I'm there that's support enough. 

* and, as a direct result, measurably more vanilla, more boring, and more 'family friendly' every year
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

AVI

At pride, I usually cover my arms in marker slogans and logos. It's stupid but fun. I especially like the horned Venus symbol, which was the alchemic/astrological symbol for Mercury. I read somewhere that it was used as a transgender symbol in some places, but I've never seen anyone else wear it. But I like it, because it suggests volatility in gender, and the similarity to the Venus symbol ties it back to women (I'm female bodied). You can see a pic of it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_%28element%29#History

I have a photograph of me at my first Pride a few years ago. I'm wearing Birkenstocks, for maximum lesbiosity. Actually, I didn't really think about what shoes to wear to it, but it's pretty damn funny.
  •  

Lee

Your friend did a great job  :)

I just had to ask.  Are Birkenstocks a lesbian thing?  I think everyone where I'm from (Boulder, CO) owns a pair.  :laugh:

"When I grow up, I wanna work at Alfalfa's
Where the cheese is dairy free
A Birkenstocks, Spandex, necktie, patchouli grocery store
I'll have a job, picking through the produce - no pesticides for me!
I'll be a working moderate income socially conscious Boulder Hippie."
-Alfalfa's by Leftover Salmon
Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

Sevan

Birk's are a sterotypical lesbian thing but certainly not exclusivly :)
Thanks for your comment about the graphic! I can't WAIT to get the shirt. It's apparently shipped so I'll be seeing it soon!  ;D

•  

ativan

Androgyne
Androgyn
Androgyne
Androgyn
Androgyn
Androgyn.
Yep.
  •  

Pica Pica

I like the e - nudges the word up in scrabble.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Jaimey

Quote from: Pica Pica on May 31, 2011, 04:51:42 PM
I like the e - nudges the word up in scrabble.

Me too.  I need the scrabble points!
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

Sevan

•