News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The KKK is still the KKK

Started by Joelene9, June 07, 2011, 01:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joelene9

All,
  An article of the Ku Klux Klan 're branding' itself.  Even they don't like Rev. Phelps picketing the funerals of dead soldiers.  Don't let this action that says that they are a kinder, gentler KKK.  In the past, a stint in the U.S. military was like a merit badge to them.  As a member of the Southern Poverty Law Center (SLPC), I get updates of them and other hate groups.  Those groups seem to change in the past until a member of those reaches the front pages.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/06/kkk-westboro-baptist-church_n_871841.html?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl8%7Csec1_lnk3%7C215265  They still don't like other races, Jews, Catholics, Faggots (we are in this catagory with them), etc. 
  Joelene
  •  

Sephirah

Can just see the new tag line:

"Karing Konsiderate Krew, now with extra Kute Kuddly Kittens!"
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Cindy

I don't it is possible for a hate group to change. They just find more people to hate. Sad really. I wonder if they know that most pillow covers are made in China? That could be a problem :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cindy
  •  

V M

The New Cone Head Fashion Is All The Rage!!!

Available at a Hater Outlet Near You!!!

Brought to you by the new and improved Kwack Kwack Kwack
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

justmeinoz

Seeing their policies and history are so well known why hasn't the Dept of Homeland Security put them out of business as a terrorist organisation, and shipped them off to Guantamo Bay?  Freedom of Speech? BS!
Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Julie Marie

At the core, are they really any different that any other group or organization that campaigns against people they don't know and don't care to know?  At least people who support them know what they are supporting.  They don't do their hate under the guise of promoting good causes.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Lee

Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

•  

WhoAmI?

So how is the SLPC much better if I may ask? The KKK a##clownes go after multiple groups yet the SLPC seems focused on white hate groups. How is this not the same? Focused Racism. A group is a group is a group. It's a group going after another and whether or not the "law" stands behind it at this time is futile. For the most part they have a legal right as do SLPC but who pays for permits to rally and who goes and protests for free? I do not agree with any of the white supremacist groups, however, they have their rights and if you think SLPC can randomly sue them for something that does not effect them....It's just like my neighborhood, or the one before, or the one before...Sombody trying to get something because somebody don't like them.

2 or 3 posts....I'm pretty much banned or shunned. This is not what I signed up for but the SLPC is as much of a pile of **** as the KKK.
  •  

JungianZoe

Quote from: WhoAmI? on July 01, 2011, 02:12:49 AM
Snip...

First of all, please curb the language.

Second, if you think something is going to result in a ban or universal scorn, might it be better not to say it?

Third, isn't it a bit extreme calling a group a hate group simply because they're against hate groups?  Are we to never work to better society and the human race?  Should we have stayed in the dark ages because enlightenment wasn't worth disturbing corrupt churches?  If we can't strive for a world where populations of people don't have to live in fear simply for being who they are, what's the point of civilization?
  •  

Padma

...yet the SLPC seems focused on white hate groups...

Clearly, the difference between the SPLC and the KKK is that the KKK is focused on hating certain races, whereas the SLPC is focused not on race, but on being against hatred itself.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

tekla

So how is the SLPC much better if I may ask?

Because the KKK uses violence to terrorize and intimidate, the SPLC uses law.  If I have a problem with you it's OK to sue you and take you to court, it's not OK to lynch you.

And it sure speaks volumes about the New Right Wing in America when the KKK starts a PR campaign to point out that they are not as crazy as the newbies.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Padma

There's no Bigots like the Old Bigots :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

tekla

Might I point out that institutionalized racism in the United States is 100% part of our British Colonial heritage?  We didn't invent it, it was transplanted here.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Padma

...and the Brits inherited it from the Vikings and Romans, and... :) (I speak as a disinterested party, having been born Jewish in England ;D.)

It's not what you inherit, it's how you invest your inheritance that counts. America's done a lot to overcome its past, in most places.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Cindy

Do we suggest organically based racism/ wrongism? I hope not.

Surely it is locally based. I'm confused and tired :embarrassed:

Cindy
  •  

Natalie3174

The Jedi believe that things change.
  •  

xXRebeccaXx

Quote from: Joelene9 on June 07, 2011, 01:35:11 AM
All,
  An article of the Ku Klux Klan 're branding' itself.  Even they don't like Rev. Phelps picketing the funerals of dead soldiers.  Don't let this action that says that they are a kinder, gentler KKK.  In the past, a stint in the U.S. military was like a merit badge to them.  As a member of the Southern Poverty Law Center (SLPC), I get updates of them and other hate groups.  Those groups seem to change in the past until a member of those reaches the front pages.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/06/kkk-westboro-baptist-church_n_871841.html?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl8%7Csec1_lnk3%7C215265  They still don't like other races, Jews, Catholics, Faggots (we are in this catagory with them), etc. 
  Joelene

Aw cool, im a faggot! LOL I dont care about the KKK, my grampa had a run in with them a LONG time ago, and told me they were just a bunch of hatful douche bags, but not as dangerous as they use to be.
Even in death, may I be triumphant.
  •