Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Post Op Care, the fun benefits of hospitalization and dilating

Started by Re: Joyce, June 06, 2011, 05:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re: Joyce

I was stretched out this morning for my morning dilating session.  Being a McGinn Girl, I was at 5 times a day for the first 60 days and now I'm down to (only) 3 times a day, so this is like a vacation... 

At any rate, I sipped on my cup of coffee while I was reading my Kindle.  I realized that being able to be pretty much reclined and still able to sip any beverage in that position was one of the things I learned in the hospital.  Eating and drinking while flat on your back is quite the accomplishment.

I've also elected to read romance novels while I'm dilating.  I wanted to get a better slant on the finer points of being a complete woman.  It's been quite enjoyable, as I never read for entertainment as an adult before.  I've enjoyed quite a few authors and have now read 18 books.  Never thought I'd do that, either.  I sure do enjoy them.  Thank heaven for low cost books on a Kindle.

This has also been an activity that I only do when dilating and I associate it with that.  Now, I truly look forward to my sessions.  No drudgery for me.
  •  

paulault55

Hi Joyce, i am also a Mcginn girl, being 28 days post i still do the 5x a day dilation, i have been watching episodes of Bones on my laptop that is next to my bed, i have all 6 seasons on my server down stairs and am already on season 5, it makes those 30 minutes fly by.

Paula

I am a Mcginn Girl May 9 2011
  •  

juliemac

I love Bones!
I worked my way, sorry, dilated my way through Firefly, then started 24 hours. Got bored with that and switched to House.
Switched for a while and read Tom Bodettes books.

But I am really tired of going to bed at 8:30 every night....

•  

FairyGirl

Also a McGinn girl, and speaking of Bones... well, hottie David Boreanaz anyway... I dilated my way through all 5 seasons of Angel, then both seasons of Dark Angel, then a couple seasons of Supernatural to boot, lol (as well as about 20 Terry Pratchett books)

Eventually I found dilation became a very Zen thing for me, a time for quiet meditation, or listening to music, or reading, or just reflecting on things.  At almost a year post-op I'm down now to dilating once every 4 or 5 days, but I still find I actually look forward to that little bit of quiet, "me" time.
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

girl_ashley

Quote from: FairyGirl on June 06, 2011, 09:07:05 PM
Also a McGinn girl, and speaking of Bones... well, hottie David Boreanaz anyway... I dilated my way through all 5 seasons of Angel, then both seasons of Dark Angel, then a couple seasons of Supernatural to boot, lol (as well as about 20 Terry Pratchett books)

Eventually I found dilation became a very Zen thing for me, a time for quiet meditation, or listening to music, or reading, or just reflecting on things.  At almost a year post-op I'm down now to dilating once every 4 or 5 days, but I still find I actually look forward to that little bit of quiet, "me" time.

An excellent way of thinking about it.
  •  

Muffins

I tried watching a DVD once while dilating but it was too distracting, maybe it was my choice of DVD (Koyaanisqatsi) but it ended up taking twice as long >_<
music is great that way I can close my eyes and feel/concentrate on making sure it's going in straight :P
  •  

juliemac

Good god. I could hurt my self trying to pronounce that.

•