Yes- a mental state of mind
4 (44.4%)
Yes- a religious kind of hell
1 (11.1%)
Hell No..No such place...
4 (44.4%)
I'll just wait and see...
0 (0%)
Don't know...I'm agnostic on this one...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) Now think about this carefully...Do you believe in "Hell"  >:-) ...What comes to "mind" when hell is mentioned ?  :icon_burn: :icon_evil_laugh:

On a personal note, in my past life [pre-transition] I'd visited hell on a number of occasions and I can tell you there's an awful lot of suffering going on there  ...So for me there is a "Hell"...but like all things in life, it's not "permanent"...Just another state of mind...

Some of you might believe in the religious kind of "hell" like Dante's description of hell... >:-) :icon_evil_laugh:  :icon_yikes:

Well what's your take on Satan's holiday camp ? Is there such a place  :eusa_pray: :icon_evil_laugh:

Metta Zenda :)   
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Joelene9

I believe in a religious kind of Hell, not Dante's Inferno!  Dante's piece is exactly what the title says it is: Divine Comedy
  I was taught that there was no temperature in Hell, just the worm-like writhing of the souls of the evil and unjust like in a fire, but not a fire, consuming, but not consuming.  There are no demons with pitchforks there.  They are the Devil's Disciples writhing along with those souls. 
  I am with a club with nonbelievers and they use a thermodynamic formula, using descriptions of Heaven and Hell in the Bible as their data source.  In doing their calculations, they surmised accurately that "Indeed, Heaven is hotter then Hell".   They used this to shoo away the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons from their door.   When I put fourth the version of Hell I was taught, it's "Lets change the subject" kind of deal, fast, real fast. 
  That calculation only enhances my belief in God.  Yes, Heaven may be hotter than Hell, but you need more energy to operate Heaven.  Any despot and torturer in the world knows that you need not much energy at all to torture people! 

There is a hell that people describe that makes their minds writhe with angst, disgust, anger and other negative emotional effects.  I've been through that as with other human beings. 
  Joelene
  •  

V M

If you put a frog in a blender, what do you have? A big mess in your blender  :laugh:

But seriously, Heaven and hell exists everyday in everyone's life
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Yakshini

In a sense I do believe in Hell but not the Judeo-Christian place of eternal punishment. More like a ghetto of the spirit world, if you want to call it that.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::)  Before transition  >:-) HELL...Post transition  :angel: HEAVEN !

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •