Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Starting off with a low dose of T

Started by SnailPace, June 11, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnailPace

So I'm on testosterone now! Yay!

I am starting of with a low dose and it is to be increased every three months.  I am not supposed to be on my projected "full dose" until a year from now.

I guess my question is: Will my changes be dreadfully slow?

(Obviously, it's different for everyone. Yeah.)
  •  

Jigsaw

Congratulations!
I honestly don't know how long it takes most people to go to full dose.  Year seems kinda long.  My dose is apparently small compared to a lot of people and I am guessing that is because my Free T levels are higher. My dose increased this week and in 7 weeks I am expected to be at full dose.   So far I have had no changes at all.  Kinda disappointing, but I know it will happen.  My doc is betting me that next visit my voice will be lower. 
I am guessing that if your full dosage is spread out over a year, the changes will be pretty slow but maybe your body will react better then others and you will see/hear the changes in a few months.  Sorry I am not much help, just basing it off what I have experienced so far which has been nothing.
"I've just lived my life. I always feel that if you live your life and you live it honestly and are good to people around you that everything will be OK." ~John Barrowman
  •  

The Hawk

When I started T around 2 months ago, I was on a VERY low dose. So low that my endo had said soemthing like "Changes might happen with this dose". I was depressed after he told me that cause I thought nothing would happen until I was to go back and get the dose raised, but to my surprise, I still noticed changes. Supposedly my voice got a bit deeper, and I noticed hair on my jaw and upper lip coming in, along with growth "down there", and oilier skin, etc.

So, I think it's safe to say it really is different for everyone when it comes to changes and how long they take to appear.

Congrats on starting T! :D
  •  

dmx

I started on a low dose too 'cause the doc thought it would cause major acne. My changes were pretty slow - voice noticeably changed after 3 months, 'the curse' stopped after 2.

It wasn't til 6 months later, when my dose got doubled, that I started seeing definite changes.
  •  

SnailPace

Thanks everyone for replying! I guess I'll just have to wait and see...
  •  

mm

It must be so great not have a monthly leakage, that is what I am looking forward too.
  •  

Robert Scott

I know one of the doctors here ... starts off really slow too ... and it can take a full year for a full dose.

However, the research is now saying that it's the way to go --- that b/c the testosterone is not trying to fight Estrogen yet it can start the changes quicker.   That discovered when they started guys with above average dosage to jump start the changes it had the reverse affect -- it dropped the voice but stalled everything else.  Plus the added benefit of less likely to have mood swings - mirrors a biological boys puberty and thus more likely to have more changes.
  •  

GentlemanRDP

My doc decided to start me off pretty low too. He says that this step is 'Tanking,' and getting the body used to the new hormones. My natural levels of T are so pathetically low (A mere 43!) that he didn't want to give me too much because the body often turns large amounts of T into E because it knows that it shouldn't be there. But even though he has me on just 0.5 CC, and I've only been on it for six weeks now; I've already begun to noticed some changes; people keep telling me that my arms are getting bigger, I can feel my voice crack sometimes, my skin is getting oily, and I smell different (Sounds odd, but it's true,)

Just because he's starting you on a low dose, it doesn't mean that you won't notice changes in the first few months.

Good luck! And congrats on the T!
  •  

SnailPace

Quote from: GentlemanRDP on June 13, 2011, 01:50:39 AM
My doc decided to start me off pretty low too. He says that this step is 'Tanking,' and getting the body used to the new hormones. My natural levels of T are so pathetically low (A mere 43!) that he didn't want to give me too much because the body often turns large amounts of T into E because it knows that it shouldn't be there. But even though he has me on just [dose], and I've only been on it for six weeks now; I've already begun to noticed some changes; people keep telling me that my arms are getting bigger, I can feel my voice crack sometimes, my skin is getting oily, and I smell different (Sounds odd, but it's true,)

Just because he's starting you on a low dose, it doesn't mean that you won't notice changes in the first few months.

Good luck! And congrats on the T!

That's exciting! It gives me hope for some changes on my end too!
But maybe you should edit your dosage out of your post there?
  •  

Jigsaw

Never heard of the tanking, but I think it is a cool concept.  Wonder if there is a huge difference?  Guess it depends on the person what what levels of T they had at the start?
"I've just lived my life. I always feel that if you live your life and you live it honestly and are good to people around you that everything will be OK." ~John Barrowman
  •  

Inkwe Mupkins

My endo started the same thing. He put me on a low dose and wanted to increase every 3mos. Ive been on T almost 9mos.

In dec. We doubled the dose and then between then and now...well...i kinda decided to increase it myself...slowly untill the old rag quit. It made him angry so he referred me to another endo. This endo was cool with it as long as i didnt have extreme emotional changes.

I didnt get any changes untill i upped it myself. Ive been on my dose for 2.5mos and have started to get changes if i would have waited for the endo id still be raggin.

BTW: estrogen is stored in fat cells so if u have extra baggage it can slow changes more than someone who doesnt have as much bod fat
Islam means peace.
  •  

SnailPace

Quote from: mcalistershaun on June 15, 2011, 04:26:00 PMBTW: estrogen is stored in fat cells so if u have extra baggage it can slow changes more than someone who doesnt have as much bod fat
Hey! That is good to know.  I think I'm pretty "average" in the body fat department so hopefully I'll get average changes! :D
  •