Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What’s your “personal” take on life’s purpose?

Started by Anatta, June 06, 2011, 05:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

like a bevy of nubile young women.

Yeah, I have a Latina GF, do you want me to get killed?
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Julie Marie

Quote from: tekla on July 27, 2011, 10:41:22 PM
Yeah, I have a Latina GF, do you want me to get killed?

That's the beauty of being a Prophet!  God is guiding you and you aren't responsible for anything you do.  Following God's will is your life's purpose, your destiny.  She can't argue that?
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

tekla

•  

Julie Marie

Quote from: tekla on July 27, 2011, 11:21:03 PM
No one's a prophet in their own house.

Tell that to Wayne Bent and Warren Jeffs.  Then watch them perform a miracle.
  •  

tekla

The miracle is going to be if he can avoid spending a lot of time in jail.
  •  

pixiegirl

Quote from: kate durcal on July 27, 2011, 04:24:56 PM
I think we should build a religion around the teachings of the Prophet Tekla

I agree, but only so as I can join in order to create a schism and found a sect based  on my interpretations of Teklas' meanings
  •  

tekla

The only two things that are attractive about a religion are TAX + FREE
  •  

Julie Marie

Quote from: tekla on July 27, 2011, 11:26:01 PM
The miracle is going to be if he can avoid spending a lot of time in jail.

Okay, so when you take up the Prophet calling and God tells you it's okay to have sex with anyone under the age of 18, don't believe it.
  •  

tekla

I'll get a manager to check IDs at the door.  Just like rock bands do with girls on the bus.
  •  

pixiegirl

Quote from: tekla on July 27, 2011, 11:27:22 PM
The only two things that are attractive about a religion are TAX + FREE

three: + hareem/seraglio situation of your choice as moral imperative
  •  

Pica Pica

I'm currently being stalked by prophets on something I wrote about the eighteenth century prophetess Joanna Southcott.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: tekla on July 27, 2011, 10:33:29 PM
Sooner or later most people come to their senses and agree with me. Wait Long By the River and the Bodies of Your Enemies Will Float By.
Assuming you're at the right end of the river and you live long enough. Guess our agreement didn't last long.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

OliveLevel

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  •  

kate durcal

Quote from: Beth Andrea on August 06, 2011, 11:15:30 AM
This is why an honest, open discussion of the camps--which most assuredly did exist--has never happened.

If someone brings up a minor, debatable point (ie, that Russian conscript prisoners working as forced laborers, facing a battalion of SS guards, were actually able to do enough damage to hurt the war effort), there are those who start screaming about "denying the holocaust".

Why the animosity? Why the refusal to even consider it? I like the idea of honest debate, that's where good things come from...good things, like accuracy in textbooks, children growing up to be adults with insatiable curiosity, and open, bald-faced lies ceasing to be accepted as truths. The holocaust has many such stories, only a few of which (the most egregious) have been accepted as false.

An example:
I underlined that part, because when the story first broke about 4 years ago, I wondered what the hell the publishers were thinking? A 5 year-old girl, able to shoot a German soldier, then flees into the woods and lives with a pack of wolves until the war ends. That would not be believable, even as a Disney movie! Yet, it was translated into 18 languages (which means, 18 different cultures of Jews and Gentiles were not able to put critical thought to the book and denounce it...she was found out only when she tried to make a claim for reparations against the (current) German government, and they asked for proof that she was Jewish...she isn't. That led to a closer scrutiny of her stories.)

Eli Wiesel's "Night" is admitted (by the author) to be a dramatic re-telling of what he experienced; the article I read (written by a Jewish source site; unfortunately I am unable to find the site) compared his writing to the legends in the Army, of soldiers throwing themselves on a grenade to save their comrades; "it doesn't matter if the actual facts or true or not, as long as the sense of devotion to one's fellow is preserved." (I paraphrase) In other words, a soldier could be killed while taking a dump, but rather than telling the truth, his friends (Wiesel in this case) would re-write the episode showing great heroism and valor. Yes, the friend dies (true and accurate) but the how/why has been changed to show a more...dignified...reason for his death (inaccurate, or even outright fabrication).

When one person's death is fabricated to save his dignity, or his descendants embarrassment, that's one thing...but the holocaust has become something much more than this. It's now used as a political and social tool to silence those who are critical of Jews, Israel, liberals, tolerance and diversity.

The holocaust has become a weapon. And as a weapon (and as a significant historical event), it must be able to be looked at honestly for its facts, and its flaws.

I do not give a rat ass what the camps slaves or prisoner did or did not do. I not even care whether the details of the accounts are exaggerate or embellished, no denying that at least  6 million of my people were murdered, that is a fact; nothing to discuss period. Never again that is all folks!

Kate D

FYI I am 1/2 German (Frisian German), 1/4 Spanish (Castillian-Catalan), 1/4 Jew. A number of my mother uncles and aunties, and extended families never made out of Terezin

•  

kate durcal

Quote from: Beth Andrea on August 07, 2011, 11:24:41 AM
So, you're ok with a few lies then? If you're ok with a "few", so long as the holocaust is still considered "holy", then would you be ok with a "lot of lies", if that was what was needed to keep it "holy"?

And if there are a lot of lies used to prop up the holocaust...how much of it is true?

And are the Jewish people (as represented by you) willing to be thought of as liars, in order to keep something "holy"?

Be careful when you say you don't care about "exaggerations or embellishments"; credibility goes right out the window.

Neo-nazi rhetoric
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: kate durcal on August 07, 2011, 10:29:31 AM

FYI I am 1/2 German (Frisian German), 1/4 Spanish (Castillian-Catalan), 1/4 Jew. A number of my mother uncles and aunties, and extended families never made out of Terezin

Kia Ora Kate,

::) 1/4 Jewish ...So according to your calculations you are more German than Jewish[and having an equal amount of Spanish to match your Jewishness]...And there I was thinking your "people" were "American" ...Now that's interesting.... ;) ;D

::) Your "personal" take on life is truly amazing Kate... ;) ;D

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Amazon D

I have no claim to fame due to my relatives or friends etc etc etc and if i thought i did i am living their life and not mine. What i do is mine not anyone else's and visa versa
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

kate durcal

Quote from: Zenda on August 07, 2011, 02:36:54 PM
Kia Ora Kate,

::) 1/4 Jewish ...So according to your calculations you are more German than Jewish[and having an equal amount of Spanish to match your Jewishness]...And there I was thinking your "people" were "American" ...Now that's interesting.... ;) ;D

::) Your "personal" take on life is truly amazing Kate... ;) ;D

The division of ethic origin is according to family lore. Several years ago I had my DNA analyzed by two independent companies. The did the typical Y markers (father line), mitochondria DNA (maternal lineage), and markers for each of the 22 autosomes (the other chromosomes). To my amazement and dismay not a single "Jewish marker" nothing, zilch, nada. No Spanish marker either (Catalan, Castillan or otherwise), and get this all my markers are in the Germanic Haplogrup, my paternal haplotype (sub ethnic group) is Frisian. As hard as was for me to accept this, genes do not lie. 

lyI was indoctrinated in the Catholic and Jewish religions, the Spanish culture, but also into the Dutch  ethics of work. I grew up and received my early education in Latin America, later on I spent some time in  Europe (Denmark and the Netherlands), and finally I came to the USA. Several decades ago, I swore an oath to defend the constitution of the USA, and my children were bone in the USA, so you see America is my home, but I do understand and "speak" several cultures.

Kate D
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: kate durcal on August 07, 2011, 04:05:01 PM
The division of ethic origin is according to family lore. Several years ago I had my DNA analyzed by two independent companies. The did the typical Y markers (father line), mitochondria DNA (maternal lineage), and markers for each of the 22 autosomes (the other chromosomes). To my amazement and dismay not a single "Jewish marker" nothing, zilch, nada. No Spanish marker either (Catalan, Castillan or otherwise), and get this all my markers are in the Germanic Haplogrup, my paternal haplotype (sub ethnic group) is Frisian. As hard as was for me to accept this, genes do not lie. 

lyI was indoctrinated in the Catholic and Jewish religions, the Spanish culture, but also into the Dutch  ethics of work. I grew up and received my early education in Latin America, later on I spent some time in  Europe (Denmark and the Netherlands), and finally I came to the USA. Several decades ago, I swore an oath to defend the constitution of the USA, and my children were bone in the USA, so you see America is my home, but I do understand and "speak" several cultures.

Kate D

Kia Ora Kate,

::) So your so called sense of Jewishness is a choice...

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

kate durcal

Quote from: Zenda on August 07, 2011, 04:14:34 PM
Kia Ora Kate,

::) So your so called sense of Jewishness is a choice...

Not at all Honey; I grew practicing Judaism with my Mom's side of the family. Later on in life, I felt this religion (Judaism) provided me with  a nexus to G-d. What I told you above, is that I do not have Jewish genes in me, what that means is that some of my mothers ancestors (Germans) did convert to Judaism.

Kate D
  •