Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

the perfect example of a passable female voice

Started by tinkerbell, November 23, 2006, 03:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerbell

Well, it is a parody of a commercial, but what caught my attention was this lady's voice.  IMO, the best female voice I have heard in a MTF...do you agree?

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Cindi Jones

Ah.... but the question arises... is she or isn't she?  I swear we can go the rounds among our own ranks on these things.  But yes, no matter what, her voice is wonderful.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Julie Marie

Yes, she has a very natural voice but what came to mind is the cuts in the video and how that gave her a chance to "recoup" for each little clip in the video.  I can do a half way decent voice but as time goes on it becomes harder to keep it up.  And if I'm tired, forget it! 

I was discussing this with my electrologist.  She told me she met Andrea James and had dinner with her.  For those who don't know her, part of her income comes from teaching MTFs how to speak in a femme voice.  Hers is at least as good if not better than the girl in the video.  Anyway, she said that as the evening went on Ms. James' femme voice began fade and there was signs of her male voice breaking through.

But it's always encouraging to hear a natural feminine voice come come from a TS.  I especially liked her attitude and the points she made.  Peeing in a trough?  Gross!

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

heatherrose

I find that mine fades when I am tired, excited,
(not in an intimate situation,
that's a different story all together, he he)
or in a stressful situation, such as dealing with a cop,
which can be quite disheartening
when the cop or customs agent,
after discovering your legal status,
has a problem with anything you say or do.

In my experience,
If in the coarse of conversation,
my voice should slip it no longer goes
deep base or flamimg anymore,
so it doesn't cause any suspicion.
I usually try to cover a slip by,
as daintily as I can, clearing my throat
Sadly, I'm not very confidident that
my public cough or sneezes pass muster.
Practise, practise,practise....

Always Love,
Heather Rose
"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Melissa

I've recently not been worrying too much about my voice and it's pitch and I just let it go where it naturally wants to go.  I still seem to pass with no problems, and it is much less stressful that way and it never slips or fades. :)  On the phone, I tend to raise my pitch a bit since they don't have my face to view and it passes just fine doing that.  As for the video, it kind of sounds in between a teenage male and a woman.

Melissa
  •  

LynnER

Ive noticed that too about the slipping..... Mine will drop alittle but never into the range it was for my "male" voice.... the main slip.... and I have noticed this in speaking with a few other TS's seems to be more of the efflection or intonation of the words rather than the harmonics and pitch...  Its hard to keep that singsong going for any great deal of time and I just cant do it.......... yet  >:D  Muahahahahahaha  One day I will have it perfected just like with everything else  It just takes time, dedication, and friends and family willing to point out fopas and slips, and any other flaw in a kind and creative way so you can fix the problem....  By 30 I plan on being flawless... Stealth (as much as I can be anyways)... and I'll be able to do what I want with my life by then  :D

Railynn
  •  

Owen

Definitly a very passible voice good looking to. I have noticed some slipping also. I usually cover it up with clearing the throat and couphing. I have trouble with intonation at times and sometimes the pitch comes out funny. Your right Lynn ER it is hard to keep up the sing song for a time. I can keep it up for only so long and then I go back to a monotone but by that time I'm finnished talking. Like everything else practice practice.

Sooner or later I'll get it right.

Owen
Love being female :angel:

•  

Melissa

Quote from: Owen on December 04, 2006, 11:06:45 AM
Definitly a very passible voice good looking to. I have noticed some slipping also. I usually cover it up with clearing the throat and couphing. I have trouble with intonation at times and sometimes the pitch comes out funny. Your right Lynn ER it is hard to keep up the sing song for a time. I can keep it up for only so long and then I go back to a monotone but by that time I'm finnished talking. Like everything else practice practice.
Yes.  When I first went fulltime, I was having a bit of trouble where it would come out funny sometimes or it would slip, but with trying my best ot use it all the time, it comes quite easy now.  In other words, you may have trouble with a female voice until you are a ways into your RLE.  In about 4 days, I will have been fulltime for 5 months.  I would say it was around month 3 that I started noticing it getting easier, but now I could talk all day and all night (including talking louder) and not have it slip.  Sometimes I think it sounds better than at other times, but it pretty much sounds female all the time.  I've spoken to a few members from here on the phone here, so they know how my voice sounds.

Melissa
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Melissa on December 04, 2006, 11:14:29 AM
I've spoken to a few members from here on the phone here, so they know how my voice sounds.

It's VERY nice. Darn it... jealous ;)

I practice *constantly* now. I can stay somewhat androgynous for awhile, and every now and then accidentally get it PERFECT - though usually when not trying, like when someone calls my name and I just respond... then I get excited, lose it, and can't remember what I did :(
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Kate on December 04, 2006, 11:44:58 AM
It's VERY nice. Darn it... jealous ;)
Aww, thanks.

Quote from: Kate on December 04, 2006, 11:44:58 AM
...and every now and then accidentally get it PERFECT - though usually when not trying, like when someone calls my name and I just respond... then I get excited, lose it, and can't remember what I did :(
lol, I can just imagine:
Somebody: Hey Kate!
Kate: (in perfect female voice) Yes, what do you need?
Thinking to herself: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: I did it, I did it.
Kate: (in a tight squeaky voice) Is everything all right?
Somebody: Your voice sounds funny Kate
Thinking to herself: :( Darn it.

Melissa
  •