Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What surgery would you suggest for this?

Started by wannalivethetruth, February 07, 2011, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannalivethetruth

My jaw is perfect..but my chin is square. The heigh of it is perfect. Its just that its square! I dont want to have surgery on my jaw. Just my chin to get rid of the two point (squareness) of it. What surgery would be best for this?
  •  

Sandy

Rose:

Having your chin shaved to round its shape is one of the FFS procedures that a plastic surgeon could perform.  It will round it out and make it less square.

Mine wasn't quite a classic male lantern jaw, but my surgeon did shave it a little bit.  Actually changing the mandible is very dangerous and usually not recommended.  But it sounds like you don't need that in any case.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

wannalivethetruth

•  

Sandy

Quote from: RoseBlossom on February 07, 2011, 04:16:15 PM
So is there a surgery for this?

Yes there is.  Basically the doctor take a surgical version of a dremel tool and rounds out the square parts of the chin.  I'm not sure what the procedure is called, my doctor referred to it a bone shaving.  It is similar to shaving down the brow bossing that is another masculine trait.

-Sandy
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

jennajane

It is a relatively common FFS procedure, but not cheap, Dr. Spiegel is around $7500 for jaw and chin + operating room fees and anesthesia fees, Dr. Zukowski was $2500 for just the chin ($4000 for jaw) and again plus fees which could be 2-3k.  HTH
Jenna
  •  

Cruelladeville

A chin implant might also do it?

You'd need ideally a doctor who's a highly-skilled craniofacial expert... has a great eye for detail and understands the particular balance of your unique facial dimensions and underlying structures..

Like mine does/did....lol
  •  

wannalivethetruth

•  

jennajane

Quote from: RoseBlossom on February 08, 2011, 03:21:41 PM
Who did you go to?

me?
I went to Dr. Z for my forehead and nose.  I didn't feel I needed a forehead setback (which Speigel does), and I liked his endoscopic methods. 
Jenna
  •  

Sandy

Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

jennajane

Quote from: Sandy on February 10, 2011, 02:04:31 PM
I'm also a "Z" girl.

-Sandy

I don't think I can call myself a "Z" girl, I didn't have enough surgery and didn't get the pin.
Jenna
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: jennajane on February 11, 2011, 12:44:48 PM
I don't think I can call myself a "Z" girl, I didn't have enough surgery and didn't get the pin.
Jenna

Trust me hon, you are a "Z" girl!  Tell me where you want the pin sent.

If anyone questions, tell 'em they have to deal with me!  I'll break their arm...   :icon_pistoles:  :D

-Sandy(I still have a little upper body strength left)

Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

AlexCallende

Quote from: jennajane on February 10, 2011, 01:19:09 PM
me?
I went to Dr. Z for my forehead and nose.  I didn't feel I needed a forehead setback (which Speigel does), and I liked his endoscopic methods. 
Jenna

Hi, Jenna!

I saw your post on Dr. Zukowski (in Illinois?) and I became very interested in his procedure.  I have some slightly embossed brow bones.  I thought about just getting fat implant for that very shallow depression slightly above/between the bones.

Could you explain hat is this endoscopic method for the brow bone?  And what the costs are like?

Thank you very much!

Alex
  •  

jennajane

He of course could explain it better and he is more than happy to do so.  He is a good salesman!  He can do the brow reduction procedure from 3 smaller incision from the hairline or from one long incision if you are going to do a scalp advance at the same time.  He goes in with a camera and tools through the incisions without actually pulling the forehead skin down.  This allows him to leave a couple of large nerves intact that is not possible with non-endoscopic methods.  This has the effect of having much lower rates of long-term nerve damage in the scalp, and seems slightly less invasive to me.  After a bit more than 5 months since my surgery I am starting to get feeling back in my scalp.  It has been itchy for the last couple of months.

I had the procedure combined with a couple other procedures, but I imagine that just the brow would be about $10k
  I hope that answers you questions.

Jenna
  •