General Discussions => General discussions => ARGHHH! => Topic started by: Laura Squirrel on August 20, 2026, 12:34:39 AM Return to Full Version

Title: Seriously??!!!
Post by: Laura Squirrel on August 20, 2026, 12:34:39 AM
Come on, Google! What the hell were you thinking, OR NOT THINKING????!!!

The search function is so friggin' broken now. It doesn't matter what device that it is. I attempted to look up stuff on Katherine Parkinson (Jen from "The I.T. Crowd), and got results talking about Parkinson's Disease!!! You friggin' IDIOTS! If I wanted to look up info on that disease, THAT IS WHAT I WOULD LOOK FOR! Whoever thought that this was a good idea should be fired.
Title: Re: Seriously??!!!
Post by: Stottie Girl on August 20, 2026, 11:06:56 AM
Quote from: Laura Squirrel on August 20, 2026, 12:34:39 AMCome on, Google! What the hell were you thinking, OR NOT THINKING????!!!

The search function is so friggin' broken now. It doesn't matter what device that it is. I attempted to look up stuff on Katherine Parkinson (Jen from "The I.T. Crowd), and got results talking about Parkinson's Disease!!! You friggin' IDIOTS! If I wanted to look up info on that disease, THAT IS WHAT I WOULD LOOK FOR! Whoever thought that this was a good idea should be fired.
Yay an IT crowd fan!
Title: Re: Seriously??!!!
Post by: Laura Squirrel on August 20, 2026, 11:30:08 AM
Quote from: Stottie Girl on August 20, 2026, 11:06:56 AMYay, an IT crowd fan!

My friend in Ohio turned me on to it. I loved it instantly. So many amazing moments and hilarious lines. I actually figured out what Jen was screaming when the Japanese dude wollaped her deformed naked feet with the Doc Martens. It's so much fun to yell along with her. Katherine Parkinson is so smokin' hot. ESPECIALLY in the beginning of the episode where they go to the gay musical.

When she says: "Welcome to my lair. Not that I am some sort of animal. Or maybe I am." I also laugh and say: Yes, you are. You are a total fox!" Especially with the way that she looks in that scene. Sooo, hot.

Plus, her comedic timing is so, so good. Well, the whole cast has that talent.

I'm the sort of person who has hated 90% of television. But, to be fair, I hate 90% of all forms of entertainment. LOL Which really trips people out when they discover my intense fandom for the Grindcore band A.C. LMAO!
Title: Re: Seriously??!!!
Post by: tammy753 on August 20, 2026, 12:06:19 PM
I love the IT Crowd. I work in IT so its required watching. I think its on the applications that you have to have watched before you can get your IT Staff card.
Title: Re: Seriously??!!!
Post by: Laura Squirrel on August 20, 2026, 12:23:42 PM
Quote from: tammy753 on August 20, 2026, 12:06:19 PMI love the IT Crowd. I work in IT so its required watching. I think its on the applications that you have to have watched before you can get your IT Staff card.

So, that's on your CV, eh? LOL
Title: Re: Seriously??!!!
Post by: Stottie Girl on August 20, 2026, 04:21:27 PM
If you like the IT crowd have you watched Father Ted by the same writer? That is definitely worth a watch if you haven't.
Title: Re: Seriously??!!!
Post by: Laura Squirrel on August 20, 2026, 04:51:59 PM
I remember seeing a trailer for that on a "League Of Gentlemen" DVD ages ago. That's one show I can't watch anymore. Not because of the Barbara character. But because there are a lot of other things in the show that I just find repulsive now. I still like the Pauline character, though.

"Bottom" was another trailer that was on the disc. I've never seen it. What's your opinion on that one?
Title: Re: Seriously??!!!
Post by: Stottie Girl on August 20, 2026, 05:01:55 PM
Quote from: Laura Squirrel on August 20, 2026, 04:51:59 PMI remember seeing a trailer for that on a "League Of Gentlemen" DVD ages ago. That's one show I can't watch anymore. Not because of the Barbara character. But because there are a lot of other things in the show that I just find repulsive now. I still like the Pauline character, though.

"Bottom" was another trailer that was on the disc. I've never seen it. What's your opinion on that one?
Not a fan of bottom personally. Not my level I guess. League of Gentlemen I liked a lot but it is an aquired taste, It is very very dark humour. Father ted though is mad as a box of frogs. Not dark at all. Just three priests stuck in a priest house on a remote irish island but it is soooo funny (IMO) It pokes fun at the catholic church though so maybe if you are a devout catholic it might not be for you.
Title: Re: Seriously??!!!
Post by: Laura Squirrel on August 20, 2026, 05:08:42 PM
Quote from: Stottie Girl on August 20, 2026, 05:01:55 PMNot a fan of bottom personally. Not my level I guess. League of Gentlemen I liked a lot but it is an aquired taste, It is very very dark humour. Father ted though is mad as a box of frogs. Not dark at all. Just three priests stuck in a priest house on a remote irish island but it is soooo funny (IMO) It pokes fun at the catholic church though so maybe if you are a devout catholic it might not be for you.

I gave up on being an atheist when I was around 19. Now, I'm not sure what you would call it. But I'm basically looking at it like this: I don't know if there is an afterlife or not. I hope for that. But if it isn't a thing, so be it.
Title: Re: Seriously??!!!
Post by: Stottie Girl on August 20, 2026, 05:50:41 PM
Quote from: Laura Squirrel on August 20, 2026, 05:08:42 PMI gave up on being an atheist when I was around 19. Now, I'm not sure what you would call it. But I'm basically looking at it like this: I don't know if there is an afterlife or not. I hope for that. But if it isn't a thing, so be it.
I'm agnostic. I don't believe science has given us all the answers, there are still things that blow my mind and aren't easily explained but at the same time I do not have enough faith to be a believer either. I would say there just is not enough evidence either way so I sit on the agnostic fence! There could be an afterlife, but there probably isn't. Of course that's just my view, one day we will all find out the truth.