News and Events => Political and Legal News => Topic started by: Jessica_Rose on September 30, 2026, 11:25:23 AM Return to Full Version

Title: James Talarico emphasizes support for trans kids amid turbulent week
Post by: Jessica_Rose on September 30, 2026, 11:25:23 AM
"I will fight for them": James Talarico emphasizes support for trans kids amid turbulent week

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2026/09/i-will-fight-for-them-james-talarico-emphasizes-support-for-trans-kids-amid-turbulent-week/

Molly Sprayregen (30 Sep 2026)

Footage of Talarico's conversation with an alleged supporter appears to have been intended as a "gotcha" moment staged by Talarico's anti-LGBTQ+ Republican opponent, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton. A woman claiming to be a supporter approaches the candidate with what seems to be a hidden camera based on the angle, tells him she has a trans niece who can't play on girls' sports teams and asks if that niece can count on his support.

"Always," Talarico responds. "The way I fought for trans kids in the legislature is how I will fight for them in the U.S. Senate. And my position hasn't changed. I still think these should be local decisions, sport by sport, athlete by athlete, and I think I have the most inclusive policy of any candidate who's running. I know things are getting clipped and stuff, but my position hasn't changed, and I'm gonna have your loved one's back."

Paxton then shared the video on social media and wrote, "James Talarico can't outrun his own radical record, and this bombshell video proves it. Talarico just promised to fight to put boys in girls' sports in the Senate."

In the comments, many people slammed Paxton for continuing to be obsessed with trans issues as opposed to focusing on the actual problems plaguing Texans. Many also called him out for refusing to debate Talarico and for his many scandals.

Paxton's claim that Talarico believes "boys" should be allowed to play girls' sports is also a lie. Not only is Talarico referring to trans girls in the video and not boys, but he also takes a relatively conservative approach to his support of trans athlete participation by emphasizing that it should be decided on a case-by-case basis.
--------------------------
@Sarah B