Community Conversation => Transitioning => Hormone replacement therapy => Topic started by: IsabellaOP on October 03, 2026, 02:08:38 PM Return to Full Version
Title: Does the report show that my Bicalutamida raised my esterified bilirubin levels?
Post by: IsabellaOP on October 03, 2026, 02:08:38 PM
Post by: IsabellaOP on October 03, 2026, 02:08:38 PM
Hello, I'm a trans woman. I was prescribed bicalutamide and estrogen, but my mother forced me to stop my transition therapy because she discriminates against me for religious reasons. It's a long story that I'll explain in detail another time. My question concerns a problem I had with my blood test results. A month after stopping bicalutamide, the test revealed that my esterified bilirubin was 0.53 mg/dL, when the expected value was <0.29. I'm now restarting bicalutamide treatment, but I'd like to know what will happen if it's confirmed that bicalutamide raises my esterified bilirubin. All the other values ��are fine, but I suspect that at the time I stopped taking bicalutamide, my esterified bilirubin level might have been higher.
Title: Re: Does the report show that my Bicalutamida raised my esterified bilirubin levels?
Post by: Devlyn on October 03, 2026, 02:34:26 PM
Post by: Devlyn on October 03, 2026, 02:34:26 PM
Hi Isabella, welcome to Susan's Place! When you get a chance, stop by the Introductions subforum and let our members get to know you. Here's a copy of our welcome pamphlet to get you off to a good start here on the site. See you around!
Hugs, Devlyn
Things that you should read
Hugs, Devlyn
Things that you should read
- New Members... Please Read this First (https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,250343.msg2295001.html#msg2295001)
- Site Terms of Service & Rules to Live By (https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,2.0.html)
- Site Policies and stuff to remember (https://www.susans.org/index.php/board,492.0.html)
- Changing Your Forum Name (https://www.susans.org/index.php?topic=196460.msg2270355#msg2270355)
- Membership Agreement (https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,216851.0.html)
- Cautionary Note (https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,82221.0.html)
- How to Contact Forum Staff Members (https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246913.0.html)
- Standard Terms & Definitions (https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,54369.0.html)
- News posting & quoting guidelines (https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,174951.0.html)
- Photos, avatars, & signature images
(https://www.susans.org//index.php/topic,59974.msg383866.html#msg383866)
- Crisis Support and Help Groups (https://www.susans.org/index.php?topic=249512.msg2286371#msg2286371)
Title: Re: Does the report show that my Bicalutamida raised my esterified bilirubin levels?
Post by: Sarah B on October 03, 2026, 02:39:34 PM
Post by: Sarah B on October 03, 2026, 02:39:34 PM
Hi Isabella
My name is Sarah and I would also like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!
I see that other members of Susan's have also welcomed you as well.
Your concern about your medication and the levels are real. However, I'm not a doctor and you really need to see your GP to determine what is going on.
Once you feel comfortable here, it would be appreciated if you add a little bit more about yourself in the other forums and threads. I would appreciate it very much as, I'm always interested in learning something new about new members.
In addition members of Susan's will more than likely discuss problems or issues that are similar to yours as most have experienced these issues as well.
Please keep in mind when posting that this is an ALL AGES PUBLIC Forum and the internet never forgets. Do not post anything that you do not want to be made public.
Take care and all the best for the future.
Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Best Wishes Always
Sarah B
Global Moderator
@Devlyn @Jessica_Rose @Mariah @Northern Star Girl @Lori Dee @IsabellaOP
My name is Sarah and I would also like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!
I see that other members of Susan's have also welcomed you as well.
Your concern about your medication and the levels are real. However, I'm not a doctor and you really need to see your GP to determine what is going on.
Once you feel comfortable here, it would be appreciated if you add a little bit more about yourself in the other forums and threads. I would appreciate it very much as, I'm always interested in learning something new about new members.
In addition members of Susan's will more than likely discuss problems or issues that are similar to yours as most have experienced these issues as well.
Please keep in mind when posting that this is an ALL AGES PUBLIC Forum and the internet never forgets. Do not post anything that you do not want to be made public.
Take care and all the best for the future.
Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Best Wishes Always
Sarah B
Global Moderator
@Devlyn @Jessica_Rose @Mariah @Northern Star Girl @Lori Dee @IsabellaOP
Title: Re: Does the report show that my Bicalutamida raised my esterified bilirubin levels?
Post by: Lori Dee on October 03, 2026, 02:41:43 PM
Post by: Lori Dee on October 03, 2026, 02:41:43 PM
Welcome to Susan's Place!
Please stop by the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself.
Regarding your question, we are not doctors here and do not give medical advice. If you have concerns about your medications or blood test results, it's best to discuss them with your healthcare team.
@IsabellaOP
@Northern Star Girl
@Devlyn
@Jessica_Rose
@Mariah
@Sarah B
Please stop by the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself.
Regarding your question, we are not doctors here and do not give medical advice. If you have concerns about your medications or blood test results, it's best to discuss them with your healthcare team.
@IsabellaOP
@Northern Star Girl
@Devlyn
@Jessica_Rose
@Mariah
@Sarah B