News and Events => People news => Topic started by: Jessica_Rose on October 10, 2026, 12:16:46 PM Return to Full Version

Title: International letter-writing campaign helping trans people feel love...
Post by: Jessica_Rose on October 10, 2026, 12:16:46 PM
The international letter-writing campaign helping trans people feel love, safety, & belonging

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2026/10/the-international-letter-writing-campaign-helping-trans-people-feel-love-safety-belonging/

Darian Aaron (10 Oct 2026)

"I see you. You're valid. You're enough. I've got your back."

It's a simple message, but for many trans youth and adults, letters of affirmation, even from total strangers, can be lifesaving.

It's why messages like the above are the heart of an effort by Point of Pride, a national organization dedicated to helping trans people access gender-affirming care. Oftentimes, they are accompanied by monetary support to help folks access the care they need. Point of Pride offers scholarship-like programs for hormone replacement therapy – 153 recipients were recently awarded over $342,00 through the HRT Access Fund – as well as for electrolysis, gender reassignment surgery, and free chest binders or femme shapewear. The letter-writing campaign is meant to help trans people feel safe, healthy, and loved.

Jeff Main, a trans man and the executive director and co-founder of Point of Pride, oversees up to 60,000 card and care package deliveries monthly across all 50 states and abroad – 129 countries and counting. He told LGBTQ Nation that the idea for the campaign was hatched in 2011, when co-founder Aydian Dowling faced challenges raising money for his gender-affirming care, specifically top surgery.
-----------------------
@Sarah B
Title: Re: International letter-writing campaign helping trans people feel love...
Post by: Devlyn on October 10, 2026, 12:41:02 PM
I love this. ❤️
Title: Re: International letter-writing campaign helping trans people feel love...
Post by: Lori Dee on October 10, 2026, 12:52:04 PM
That is awesome!

But if I got a bunch of letters saying, "I see you," I might get thicker drapes.

😬
Title: Re: International letter-writing campaign helping trans people feel love...
Post by: Devlyn on October 10, 2026, 01:27:18 PM
Quote from: Lori Dee on Today at 12:52:04 PMThat is awesome!

But if I got a bunch of letters saying, "I see you," I might get thicker drapes.

😬

I just use Saran Wrap...🤣