Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

Coin Check!

Started by Lori Dee, January 12, 2026, 08:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lori Dee ✅

Does anybody still have their Challenge Coins (aka Commander's Coins)?

If you still have it, let's see it.
If you have more than one, let's see them all.

Since I called the Coin Check, protocol dictates that I must show mine first.

I have two, but they are identical. I got the first one in 1981, the second one in 1982.

My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

Dances With Trees

I loved Lee Marvin in the Big Red One! But, alas, as a leatherneck, no one ever gave me a coin. Not even a plugged nickel. Love it, Lori! Congratulations. I look forward to seeing other coins from other vets.

Rochelle

Mostly military, a couple of randoms....yes it's a bit dusty there. :p
Forum Blog In the Middle of Living

Egg cracked 12-12-2023
Started HRT 11-12-2025



Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Rochelle on January 13, 2026, 06:41:17 PMMostly military, a couple of randoms....yes it's a bit dusty there. :p


Very nice collection! Thanks for sharing, and for your service.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗
  • skype:.?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: CynthiaR

Dances With Trees

Wow! Master Sergeant is like God in the Marine Corps. I made it as far as corporal. Buck sergeant in the National Guard. Thanks, Rochelle.

Robyn Zola

coins.jpg
"I might not be your cup of tea, but I'm somebody's double shot of whiskey..."
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Devlyn ✅

No coins, but I had a little folding Buck knife given to me by the CSM of the Army Glen Morrell.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Devlyn ✅

Anyone else familiar with a pfennig check?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Devlyn on August 16, 2026, 10:42:06 AMAnyone else familiar with a pfennig check?

We did pfennig checks more often than coin checks. Coin checks were mostly held at the NCO club, where many people had coins. But pfennig checks were for when we were just out with the guys.

When people would carry a pfennig just so they couldn't be called, my driver decided to expand it with all kinds of random crap.

Funfzig-Deutsche-Mark Check! 🤣

You could have caught him with a pocketknife check! Perfectly valid as a gift from the CSM.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗
  • skype:.?call
  •  

Devlyn ✅

Quote from: Lori Dee on August 16, 2026, 10:55:24 AMWe did pfennig checks more often than coin checks. Coin checks were mostly held at the NCO club, where many people had coins. But pfennig checks were for when we were just out with the guys.

When people would carry a pfennig just so they couldn't be called, my driver decided to expand it with all kinds of random crap.

Funfzig-Deutsche-Mark Check! 🤣

You could have caught him with a pocketknife check! Perfectly valid as a gift from the CSM.


He walked up to the guy beside me and asked him if he smoked, the answer was yes, so he got a Zippo. I didn't smoke so I got a knife. The first guy said "I should have said I didn't smoke." 🤣
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee