Quote from: tammy753 on Today at 09:59:58 AMYes they help and I usually look forward to them to help me deal with the week. I was not looking forward to yesterdays though. I knew I was in a bad place and I didn't want to talk about it. Again don't tell my therapist but just telling her helped a ton. I did cost me half a box of klennix but it was worth it
I'm glad that it helps and it makes you feel better afterward.
My own experience is similar. Sometimes, I was feeling really down and afraid to address it with my "government-employed" psychologist. But afterward, I felt better just being able to talk about it with someone who "gets it."
Sometimes, we didn't even talk about issues. One day, we spent an hour-long session discussing nail polish vs. press-on nails and nail covers. It had nothing to do with my issues, but afterward, I felt much better just talking to her.