Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

And then they do something that surprises you...

Started by Chaunte, September 15, 2005, 10:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaunte

My daughter (15), who never participates in extracurricular activities, told me she joined a school club today.  The club is geared towards promoting acceptance of gays, lesbians, bi-sexual and transgendered people within her high school.

No, she does not know about me; or, if she has guessed, she hasn't brought it up.  She does have a couple of school friends who are gay and lesbian, so I am assuming that she is doing this to support them. 

I post this not only to brag about my daughter, but to say that this gives me hope for the future...

Chaunte
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Chaunte

Isn't it wonderful the way most teens are so accepting these days.  It's so unfortunate that a lot of parents and adults don't follow their example.  This bodes well for GLBT 's in the future, but then I'm the eternal optimist  :)  However having said that there has to be a start somewhere, so it might as well be your daughters generation as those that have gone before her have left a lot to be done.

Just my thoughts

Steph
  •  

Shelley

Great to hear. You must be doing something right Chaunte.

Shelley
  •  

Chaunte

Thank you.

I think my voice went up in pitch by a step or so when she told me about the club.  I was suddenly expecting her to ask if I am transgendered.  I'm not sure how I would have answered.  I would like to think I would have been truthful...

Chaunte
  •