Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Judging reactions

Started by Plain Jane, July 16, 2011, 03:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annah

be careful wearing short or tight revealing clothing. Your body shape will clock you.
  •  

wendy

Quote from: Stephe on September 18, 2011, 10:56:15 PM
I rarely give eye contact to guys and don't smile etc. Maybe it's different where you live but here some guys take eye contact and a smile as "I want to hook up with you". Not the message I want to give, I'm taken :)

When I was living as a guy, I noticed most women would never make eye contact etc to me either. But now that I'm living as a woman almost every woman makes eye contact and smiles or says hi and I do the same.

I love to take walks and I say Hi and smile at nearly everyone I pass.  Maybe 90% return Hi and smile.  In fact if I do not acknowledge them they acknowledge me first and then I acknowledge them.  I do present somewhat male but that is more due to fact that my face looks male.

I would do same as a female.

I live in an educated part of big liberal Southern city.

Quote from: Annah on September 19, 2011, 07:25:13 AM
be careful wearing short or tight revealing clothing. Your body shape will clock you.

Annah I am not sure what that means.  When I dress female I wear a pretty tunic, wide midwaist belt, capris and comfy female shoes.  I like sterling jewelry and minimal makeup with a hat.

My figure is revealed and no one will think I am a male.  At that point I will be clocked because my figure is O.K. and my face is boyish.  My male shape without belt is 40C-34-40 and with belt it is 40C-32-42.  Is wide midwaist belt too revealing?
  •  

Annah

Quote from: wendy on September 19, 2011, 09:09:40 AM

Annah I am not sure what that means.  When I dress female I wear a pretty tunic, wide midwaist belt, capris and comfy female shoes.  I like sterling jewelry and minimal makeup with a hat.

My figure is revealed and no one will think I am a male.  At that point I will be clocked because my figure is O.K. and my face is boyish.  My male shape without belt is 40C-34-40 and with belt it is 40C-32-42.  Is wide midwaist belt too revealing?

It's hard to explain. When I see a trans girl wear like a tank top or a form fitting shirt, I can tell pretty quickly if she is trans. You stated you wear a tunic, thats fine. Im meaning a shirt that hugs your boddy pretty close. Unless you received HRT at the age of 14 or had body altering surgery, the torso can clock you if you wear the wrong things.

Wearing leggings is fine if you wear it with a loose top (that applies for anyone regardless of gender identity as leggings with tight tops is just not a good idea and looks really bad. So for some time things you can get away with it but usually tight tops will clock.

For example, I am 36C-32-38 but if I wore a form fitting top, it will def show a masculine outline. When I wear looser shirts, my torso appears feminine. I hope this makes sense.
  •  

Stephe

Quote from: Annah on September 19, 2011, 10:45:07 AM
It's hard to explain. When I see a trans girl wear like a tank top or a form fitting shirt, I can tell pretty quickly if she is trans.

I agree. I wear mostly A line skirts that don't draw attention to the fact my hips aren't that wide, if anything it makes them appear wider than they really are. It's all about enhancing/drawing attention to good parts and not to the bad.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Annah on September 19, 2011, 10:45:07 AM
It's hard to explain. When I see a trans girl wear like a tank top or a form fitting shirt, I can tell pretty quickly if she is trans. You stated you wear a tunic, thats fine. Im meaning a shirt that hugs your boddy pretty close. Unless you received HRT at the age of 14 or had body altering surgery, the torso can clock you if you wear the wrong things.

I never see any trans around here. But all the girls are a bit extra on the weight and tend to have bad muffin tops. I wear baggy tops because they flatter my figure and hide the belly pooge that is the result of too much sweets.

Again, reactions in this case mean a lot more coming from cis people. Men are gonna like a feminine girl dressed in tight stuff. Girls, I don't know... I have no idea what lesbians find attractive.
  •  

wendy

Thanks Annah and Stephe.

I move painfully slow and do not wear heels, skirts, or dresses.  Embroidered tunic with wide "tight" belt was nice in my opinion.  At least no one called me sir and actually few called me mame. 

Today I totally dressed androgynous female.  I had black dress shirt with darts (I do not know men that wear shirts with darts for their breasts.)  I had female stretch jeans.  Female black lace-up shoes, white cap, pink nails, tasteful jewelry, and black androgynous bag.  Got "sir" multiple times at all but one location.  That one location knows me and does not refer to me as sir or mame regardless of presentation.  I started laughing after first location and continued to laugh and smile at every location I visited.  I did not walk looking if everyone was watching me.  It was a good experience but not even close to passing and I was dressed totally female.

I asked my son later that afternoon what he thought of my outfit and he said I looked gay.  At least I looked like a happy gay man.   ::)
  •  

Dora

Quote from: Gravity's Child on August 16, 2011, 11:16:46 AM
number 1: People stare at other people for a whole host of reason, 99.99999999999999% have nothing to do with identifying you as someone with a transexual history
Number 2: Children are curious...they stare at everything and everyone. This also ties into point 1.
Number 3: Fashion is merely the ability to carry off a look with confidence...most fashion faux pas occur when people wear stuff because it's fashionable, not because they like it.
Number 4: Trying to guess what other people are thinking will drive you nuts, so it's best not to do it.

I needed that.  Thank you.
  •  

Ann Onymous

Quote from: Mahsa the shark on September 19, 2011, 02:25:21 PM
Girls, I don't know... I have no idea what lesbians find attractive.

it all depends...time and circumstance can make a difference as well.  And when it is all on floor, well, it doesn't really matter a whole lot, does it  :laugh: :angel:
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Ann Onymous on September 19, 2011, 02:54:29 PM
it all depends...time and circumstance can make a difference as well.  And when it is all on floor, well, it doesn't really matter a whole lot, does it  :laugh: :angel:

I mean I've met a few butch femmie looking ones. But being hetero, I have no idea what they are thinking. I added two lesbians to my fb list and they are always filled with comments about how nice I look.

But they are both very femme.
  •  

Annah

Quote from: wendy on September 19, 2011, 02:30:15 PM
Thanks Annah and Stephe.

I move painfully slow and do not wear heels, skirts, or dresses.  Embroidered tunic with wide "tight" belt was nice in my opinion.  At least no one called me sir and actually few called me mame. 

Today I totally dressed androgynous female. 

Whatever works for you is awesome and always remember it may change in the course of your transition (your tastes I mean)

When I first started to transition, I would thought I would be the type that would wear feminine plaid shirts and blue jeans all the time.

One year later, I am the complete opposite.

I went from plaid shirts and jeans as the mainstay to long ankle skirts and sweaters

Then I went from that to a mixture of cute above the knee length skirts (wide skirts like pleated shorter skirts and a line....cuz a tight straight skirt will increase the odds of me getting clocked...I use the same rule for form fitting skirts as I do for form fitting skirts) and I also wear knee length skirts too.

My tops varies depending on the skirt or whatever. It may be a cute sweater, a blouse, a top with a cami....i just nix and match it.

But one thing is for sure. The wardrobe I thought I would be wearing when I started to transition is radically the polar opposite of what I am wearing now.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Annah on September 19, 2011, 09:14:44 PM

But one thing is for sure. The wardrobe I thought I would be wearing when I started to transition is radically the polar opposite of what I am wearing now.

I dressed like a bad version of Katy Perry when I started, moved onto dressing more pinup for awhile, before settling on the contemporary modern hiphop/club girl look every other girl sports around here.
  •  

JungianZoe

Guess I broke it all today... tight-fitting shirt and short shorts. :laugh:  I walked three miles around the lake near my house and several guys kept staring at me as we passed each other multiple times.  From the looks on their faces, I wouldn't say they clocked me.

Damn, that felt good! ;D

And then there was last weekend when I wore something very similar (except a tight tanktop and short shorts) and had some guys yelling about my legs from their car.  Apparently they're hot. lol
  •  

Emily Ray

I remember getting my first cat call. It was felt great to be seen as a woman like that. Congratulations on your experience

Huggs

Emily
  •  

wendy

Quote from: Annah on September 19, 2011, 09:14:44 PM
When I first started to transition, I would thought I would be the type that would wear feminine plaid shirts and blue jeans all the time.

One year later, I am the complete opposite.

I went from plaid shirts and jeans as the mainstay to long ankle skirts and sweaters

How interesting.  I went from boring male clothes, to more and more expressive male clothes, to androgynous female clothes, and now an occasional nice piece of female clothing mixed with androgynous female.  When I can accept it and feel comfortable then I move to something else.  If I can not feel comfortable with me then no one else can feel comfortable with me.

Quote from: Zoƫ Natasha on September 19, 2011, 10:02:36 PM
Guess I broke it all today... tight-fitting shirt and short shorts. :laugh:  I walked three miles around the lake near my house and several guys kept staring at me as we passed each other multiple times.  From the looks on their faces, I wouldn't say they clocked me.

Damn, that felt good! ;D

Zoe you are too funny.  Actually I've had a number of cat calls from good looking construction male workers but I was dressed as a male.
  •  

Jasper

It's funny. I know exactly what you mean. I'm in town right now and I'm binding and generally throwing off the male insides of me. I was raised to be polite and hold doors for people. When I was younger, men would hold the door for me because I was a girl. (they let it close on the guys)

Anyway I hold the door for everyone. So I held the door for two women earlier and an elderly man. All three of them said "thank you sir." Now this didn't happen all at once. One of the women kinda eyed me for a moment first. The other woman was very happy and didn't give me a second look. :)

I think the woman that gave me the look was questioning my age more than anything. I'm very tall...and I was nervous then as I usually am in the mornings when I'm not sure about how I look.

So yeah I know how it is to feel like maybe they know. But as someone said earlier, I know I'm not the telepath from Star Trek. =P it'll drive me nuts to try to know what they're all thinking.
~Jasper~
  •  

Emily Ray

If I see that a girl or woman is looking at me intensly I try to think about my cute earings or that she is jealous of my long legs. I can't read their mind anyways so if I'm going to make stuff up I make up good stuff that makes me feel better.

Huggs

Emily
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Gravity's Child on September 23, 2011, 01:41:42 PM
Depends on your body shape really...I don't have any issues at all rocking a skinny jeans and nice figure hugging vest top

Skinny Jeans, a very battered pair of converse all stars, a cute hoody and just enough makeup and effort applied to hair to make sure the world knows your a girl. Oh...and a skate board...that's the most important bit  ;D

Sounds like what gay men find attractive. Well the tight jeans, hoody, and converses at least.
  •  

Annah

what lesbians find attractive is so different depending on the are you live in.

For example, where I live, lipstick lesbians are virtually unheard of. What lesbians here love are overweight women with buzz cuts, no makeup, plaid shirts, and men's blue jeans and boxer shorts.. And almost all lesbians fit this standard here.

About 2 hours south, its all lipstick lesbians, miniskirts and makeup. So yeah. Depends on where you are at too.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

I know I've said this many times. But makeup can either make or break you. I don't apply 3 layers of foundation daily unless I am going to a nightclub. But I do a really nice foundation... You need a good foundation overall. No cover girl, no nothing.

I find poor makeup skills will "clock" anyone. I used to be really into makeup, but then I made the mistake of listening to the people in my 3 session therapy group(I assumed I needed it for hormones, but turns out I didn't) and told me not to wear as much. Biggest mistake ever. Makeup perfectly sets my beach/club style.

Putting effort into your look will influence how men perceive you. Of course, there's your raw elements and makeup will either emphasize or  subtle them. I had straight men hitting on me as a boy too.

But yeah, wear makeup. No makeup is bad.
  •  

eli77

Obviously I'm doing it all wrong. I very rarely wear any makeup. I wear tight jeans, and figure-hugging tops... So ya, there is a YMMV attached to pretty much everything related to clothing or style.

Quote from: Gravity's Child on September 23, 2011, 01:41:42 PM
Skinny Jeans, a very battered pair of converse all stars, a cute hoody and just enough makeup and effort applied to hair to make sure the world knows your a girl. Oh...and a skate board...that's the most important bit  ;D

Close... but I skate with blades or wheels stuck to the bottom of my feet, no board. ;)
  •