Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Does the soul have gender.

Started by Abstract, October 02, 2011, 11:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abstract

For the sake of this discussion let us assume a soul exists.

in that case does the soul have a gender identity?

Personally I have had flash backs while stoned that suggest I was both... though typically one...
Thus I tend to think that really there the soul is beyond such identification as such identification is something human... and the soul does not have to be human... it could be alien in a tri-gender species...or a monogender species...

Yet maybe for given time periods our souls enjoy particular tendencies...
But then does that define the soul.. or just define it for a period of time... maybe 5,000 lives ago i had a tendency to incarnate as primarily male...
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates
"Nature herself has imprinted on the minds of all the idea of God." -Cicero
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily believing it." -Aristotle
  •  

tekla

Personally I have had flash backs while stoned

You need go no further than that.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Abstract

Quote from: tekla on October 02, 2011, 12:24:03 PM
Personally I have had flash backs while stoned

You need go no further than that.
Honestly a stoner would say that as if it was a good thing...so do you mean to imply that suggests incoherency?

regardless of that example the main question still holds.

Does the soul (if there is a soul) have gender...

(anyways...nice legs...)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily believing it." -Aristotle
  •  

tekla

Honestly a stoner would say that as if it was a good thing...so do you mean to imply that suggests incoherency?

No, not incoherence, more like... umm... ahh... that which seems profound when stoned often seems kinda mediocre when straight.  Like the old NA joke: What's the first think a DeadHead says when they stop getting high?  This band SUCKS!  There is a rather apocryphal story about the poet Coleridge who in the middle of a huge opium session wrote down this amazing and profound thought that came to him.  When he looked at it the next day it read: The room smells funny.

But hey, I'm kinda lost from the get-go as I think the first assumption assumes a lot more than I realistically can give into. 

And the legs are all a product of lots of walking, and lots and lots of biking.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Abstract

So you don't think the soul could have gender? or you don't think there is a soul?
  •  

Sibila

I believe the soul might have a preference for a gender.
Once a gender is assigned though, I think there is no going back in an incarnation.
Michael Newton describes some interesting revelations from his patients regardig gender in his book "the soul's journey".
He is a hypnotherapist that does past life regression and soul regression.

Personally, I experience my soul function to be entirely female in this incarnation..., and I have reason to believe from experiences I was assigned to
this life as a female soul to help fix a past life... and heal.

Ultimately the soul "might" be without any gender or beyond gender.
I do not think however that it would be good or "spiritual" to try to overcome it in this life by not transitioning.
In fact, I transition, even most of the time against my will, because I experience it as my spiritual duty to do so.

Love
Sibila

•  

wendy

Actually I asked God about gender and she told me it is just a state of mind.
  •  

Sibila

Quote from: wendy on October 04, 2011, 11:39:03 AM
Actually I asked God about gender and she told me it is just a state of mind.

So God's state of mind must have been female at the time?

I have known a so called "spiritual" girl that told me that I was somehow lacking something spiritual because I needed to transition.
And then in the same conversation she told me a new boyfriend made her become more woman.

Ohwell...
Wrong on so many levels.
  •  

wendy

Quote from: Sibila on October 04, 2011, 11:47:25 AM

I have known a so called "spiritual" girl that told me that I was somehow lacking something spiritual because I needed to transition.
And then in the same conversation she told me a new boyfriend made her become more woman.

Ohwell...
Wrong on so many levels.

Did I say God's state of mind?  God transitioned from MTF.  ;)

Actually gender is used primarily  to reproduce in humans.  Do we need to reproduce as spiritual beings?

Have you ever felt a closeness to another person without sex?  If yes could a spiritual being find closeness with another spiritual being without what we call "sex".  If yes then gender would seem irrelevant.
  •  

Sibila

Quote from: wendy on October 04, 2011, 12:14:44 PM
Did I say God's state of mind?  God transitioned from MTF.  ;)

Actually gender is used primarily  to reproduce in humans.  Do we need to reproduce as spiritual beings?

Have you ever felt a closeness to another person without sex?  If yes could a spiritual being find closeness with another spiritual being without what we call "sex".  If yes then gender would seem irrelevant.

So you live a celibate life as a pansexual (well without the sex then lol)?
First honestly self-reflect... what role does gender play in your life....

Self reflect: especially before deciding it to be irrelevant/unimportant.

Can God see? Does he have eyes? A nose? no?
well then, the senses are irrelevant...

Does God have a body?
Think not?

Well then the body is irrelevant...
  •  

Sibila

•  

Abstract

Quote from: Sibila on October 04, 2011, 11:21:18 AM
Once a gender is assigned though, I think there is no going back in an incarnation.
Michael Newton describes some interesting revelations from his patients regardig gender in his book "the soul's journey".
He is a hypnotherapist that does past life regression and soul regression.

Personally, I experience my soul function to be entirely female in this incarnation..., and I have reason to believe from experiences I was assigned to
this life as a female soul to help fix a past life... and heal.

I do not think however that it would be good or "spiritual" to try to overcome it in this life by not transitioning.
In fact, I transition, even most of the time against my will, because I experience it as my spiritual duty to do so.

Love
Sibila
Perhaps a soul can get to a point where it does not have a definite gender identity... or rather where it can identify as either should it choose.
  •  

Abstract

Quote from: Sibila on October 04, 2011, 11:47:25 AM

Ohwell...
Wrong on so many levels.
We are all lacking something
And such is fortunate
because if we didn't
then how could we grow?
  •  

Abstract

Quote from: wendy on October 04, 2011, 12:14:44 PM
I love my dog but I don't >-bleeped-< it.
Sex is something that has only become associated with love or closeness as a result of it often occurring in the deeper relationships.
  •  

Elijah3291

I think we would know more about that they anyone else.  if the soul didnt have a gender, then we would have no need to really transition anyway.

our souls, brains, personalities, or whatever you will call it is out real gender.  its our body thats not right. if our soul had no gender, then we wouldnt feel out of place.
  •  

Abstract

Quote from: Sibila on October 04, 2011, 02:54:32 PM
Well then the body is irrelevant...
Maybe whether something is relevant or not is relative.
A matter of perspective/perception...
  •  

Jen61

According to my faith God gives a soul to ever born child, the souls is genderless, incorruptible, and returns to God when the human dies unscathed.

Jen61
  •  

Sibila

Quote from: Abstract on October 04, 2011, 06:48:18 PM
Perhaps a soul can get to a point where it does not have a definite gender identity... or rather where it can identify as either should it choose.

yes!! very possible!
  •  

mimpi

Does the soul have gender?

Interesting question to which I don't know the answer but assume that God does. I hold out in hope for the afterlife. :)

As regards that being out of it stoned and getting a flashback I got a really weird one once despite not believing in reincarnation in the traditional sense. For an instant I saw my naked feet on a dirt floor and the place was dark with sunlight filtering through what was like a circular wall woven from some branches/twigs or stuff. The really weird part was that I was looking down at my own feet and they were dark brown. I'm white.

Tripping with GID makes one realise it's for real...
  •  

Satya'sMind

Quote from: Elijah on October 04, 2011, 06:52:26 PM
our souls, brains, personalities, or whatever you will call it is ou[r] real gender.  its our body that's not right. if our soul had no gender, then we wouldn't feel out of place.
I agree, sort of. Or maybe not, I can't decide.

------------------------------
EDIT:
I'm more closely aligned with Sibila's thinking:
Quote from: Sibila on October 04, 2011, 11:21:18 AM
-----------------------------
I view these things through a Buddhist/Hindu lens: that our soul/spirit follows a circular path (birth-death-renewal) that is much like what everything else in the universe follows. I don't think the soul has a set gender, but our karma carries gendered experiences as they thread through successive lives. So if your past life was in a female body, you have "fresh" female gendered experiences that were brought into this life. A few lives in a row that way, and you have a strong female current in your spirit....and if this time around you got a male body, then there's lots of femaleness in a male body (or vice-versa).

I go into more detail about it here:  Karmic String Theory and Tossing Coins
Be unapologetic, never loose your voice, and carve-out the world you want to live in.
  •