Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What job/occupation do you do?

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 03, 2011, 11:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satya'sMind

I'm a yoga teacher, graphic designer, and land architect. When I'm not teaching yoga I design logos, annual reports, web sites, and gardens. None of which is making me much money right now XD
Be unapologetic, never loose your voice, and carve-out the world you want to live in.
  •  

Chrissy1

I am a truck driver. It has its ups and downs I hate the job but cant beat the view out of my office window..lol
  •  

Satya'sMind

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on October 05, 2011, 12:30:18 PM
I lived in the Castro for a month.
Castro Street Fair was kinda sedated this year.
Be unapologetic, never loose your voice, and carve-out the world you want to live in.
  •  

Nathan90

I'm a student cabinet maker right now. Planning to build a stringed instrument for my final project (working on a chair as we speak). I'll probably continue woodworking for the rest of my life 'cause I love it. Though I might study for another four years after I'm done 'cause times aren't that good and I can still get money from the government if I do! Would love to do something with biology or animals!
Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Satya'sMind on October 05, 2011, 03:03:27 PM
Castro Street Fair was kinda sedated this year.

Like 3 years ago as a boy. My ex kicked me out because him and I were constantly dueling about stuff.
  •  

SandraJane

Quote from: Nathan90 on October 05, 2011, 03:11:04 PM
I'm a student cabinet maker right now. Planning to build a stringed instrument for my final project (working on a chair as we speak). I'll probably continue woodworking for the rest of my life 'cause I love it. Though I might study for another four years after I'm done 'cause times aren't that good and I can still get money from the government if I do! Would love to do something with biology or animals!

Why not? It will be better spent than studying the after dinner salivation characteristics of the Pit Bull during the month of May. Or funding some despot dictator... :laugh:
  •  

Luc

I like to say I'm gainfully unemployed, just without the gainfully part. I've been out of permanent work for 5 years now, doing only temp stuff when I could, and am still desperately searching for a job. What I DO is write,--- have been writing stories since I was 6, novels since 11--- cook, play music, and have big dreams. I have about 10 great, viable business ideas right now, but don't really have the self-confidence to put anything into motion. So I'm looking for some crappy, low-paying, newly "classic American" part-time to full-time job, despite having a bachelor's degree and plenty of talent. Oh well.
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

JenniL

I am an analyst crunching numbers for call centers for a wireless company for the past 5 years. I get to make power points, use excel and vba extensively, to generate these nifty reports for upper management.

•  

AmySmiles

I'm a software developer for a relatively large company in central Florida.  Nothing terribly exciting, just java and c++ with creative opportunities for design, re-engineering, and problem solving when schedule allows.  And I'm going to write my own phone app at home to help with my cooking habit. :P
  •  

Jen-Jen

Babysitter, no really I take care of some big babies!

I am a  SHERIFF CORRECTIONS DEPUTY  :police: current duties are Jail Guard, Court Bailiff and Prisoner Transport.

Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •  

Satya'sMind

Quote from: tekla on October 04, 2011, 05:09:40 AM
I'm the head tech at the Warfield, and the regular 'special guest star tech' at the Fillmore.
Like sound tech?
Do you do any work with Women's Audio Mission?
  •  

monica93304

I'm an auto mechanic.  German cars specifically.  I've been at it for about 20 years.  I plan on transitioning on the job. My boss is pretty cool.
  •  

Jen61

I am a dancing queen ! No, I am a scientist doing technology development for a fortune 500 company. Love my job, never a dull moment. I did have to sell my soul, I work for Tekla's nemesis.   >:-)

Jen61
  •  

Joelene9

I am an unemployed (early retired) electronics technician, put out to pasture too soon.  It is not economically feasible to fix anything anymore.  Throw it away to the landfills and buy the newer model.
  Joelene
  •  

Michelle.

I am returning to school in January. Part of the state of Floridas scheme to get this blind broad back to work.
I'm planning on a career in the mental health field.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

I worked food service for 10 years. Currently doing my legal work(gender marker, ID, legal name change) then aiming for jobs in all areas of fashion. Hope to go into beginner corporate position eventually.

I might be aiming for jobs at some of the local gay bars.
  •  

SandraJane

•  

Mahsa Tezani

•  

SandraJane

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on October 11, 2011, 12:13:59 AM
Yeah, arrogance does get you far.

Sorry, was not trying to be arrogant! Can't Audacity be a quality? Serious. Aim high, not low...
  •  

SandraJane

Anyway...was wondering when I 'd get "smited":laugh:

Seriously Masha, you joke a lot, but you come off as being Audacious, sometimes that's what it takes!
  •