News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

any advice

Started by rachael, May 25, 2005, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelley

Hey Sara,

I probably should have added that I cycle for around 8-10 K's each day and further on weekends.

The added benefit of cycling is that you look great in heels. :)

Shelley
  •  

rana

Cycling is a really good sport Shelley - lot easier on your body than running is.  Are you in any cycling clubs?
And yes cyclist's  legs look really good (the fair dinkum ones that is);  gives a long lean pleasently moulded look :) .  But you forgot to add - being a cyclist is a good reason to have shaved legs - that is if you wish to remain private about the desire to cross dress
  •  

Shelley

Rana Shhh!  :)

It seems legitimate to have shaved legs this way. I wonder how many cyclists are actually CD's.

As to clubs I'm lifting my cadence and increasing my distance so that I won't be too far behind the pack. I tell you those computers really help you improve.

Shelley
  •  

Peggiann

HI Sara,

Yes hormones do play a big part in the weight yoyo.

You should also remember that for every 7 years of age your metabolism slows down naturally.

The decline in a persons hormones in the on coming age are partially to blame.

Another part is that when we leave home and don't have mom fixing and making sure we feed our body the 3 basic meals a day and the snack in between... our bodies say oh my when is she going to feed me agian so it then takes to hording all you do give when you eat for later use.

It will take about six weeks of change your eating habits for you body's hording habit to stop. This may be hard to see as... as you are cutting back on the carb in take your body beginns to burn the stored carbs. But it is when your body has burned up all the stored carbs that you begin to see measuerable cosistant weight loss.

Also as we age we don't exercise as much so that also slows the metabolism. You'll need to step up your exercise some to bring the metabolism level back up too.

If you are on hormones and your are at the level you feel great at then the area to adjust is in the eating and exerciseing department.

It is all three that play a big part in wieght gain and loss.

You might want to change fruit to in the morning as it has more carbs that you don't have has much time to burn off the rest of the day eating it in the afternoon.

When you are still giving your body white flour and breads and pastas in the first six weeks of changing eating habit to change metabolism rate you will loose much slower.

You could try for six weeks no breads or pastas. Get your grains from Oats instead. Take in lots of green veggies. Leave out any thing white for six weeks and see how that works. Then when you do add something back add it only once in a while till you reach the goal weight. Then only a couple times a week to maintain that weight. When you add something you took away don't add more than a few things you took a way at time and do them spacingly through out  a weeks time.

Hope this will help some.

Smiles,
Peggiann
  •