Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyChoasAura

If you get so hungry you feel like you'll throw up- can you actually throw up or will you just gag?

God this question is disgusting. The frick is wrong with me?
  •  

SallyChoasAura

This thread is where we ask the real questions people!
  •  

GingerVicki

•  

Sno

And lines on the tracks.

Railing for the derailing thread.
  •  

ErinWDK

Railing for the derailing thread.  That sounds almost like something that would still try to lead me in a pre-determined direction.  I don't want to go there.

So I won't!

One can not quell a free spirit!
  •  

GingerVicki

•  

SallyChoasAura

Okay but- if someone falls in love with twins that are connected to each other (I forgot what that's called) does that make it a polygamous?🤔
  •  

Sno

Conjoined. That's the word, and polyamorous is what you'd be - having made space for two loves in your life, although they manifest in the same body.
It would be polygamous if you married them both, and a challenge if you'd proposed and only one said yes...

Let's also not forget consent issues, but then love is. And love conquers interesting problems.

Rowan
  •  

Satinjoy

Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Sh'e took the little blue ones.
  •  

SallyChoasAura

Quote from: Sno on August 03, 2018, 05:04:12 PM
Conjoined. That's the word, and polyamorous is what you'd be - having made space for two loves in your life, although they manifest in the same body.
It would be polygamous if you married them both, and a challenge if you'd proposed and only one said yes...

Let's also not forget consent issues, but then love is. And love conquers interesting problems.

Rowan
This is literally the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

CynthiaAnn

"going off the rails on a crazy train"

Refreshing not taking one's self so seriously, like stepping aside of one's self, and what do you see ?

•  

Tessa James

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on April 09, 2019, 07:18:57 AM
"going off the rails on a crazy train"

Refreshing not taking one's self so seriously, like stepping aside of one's self, and what do you see ?

Oh Yes.  This is the place for attempted derailments and fun for those of us with ADHD like interests that run from one tangent or squirrel to another.  The World Serious is more than a bad ball game name.  Transition and just living out and trans can require uncommon resiliency to survive and thrive. 

So here we can be distracted, amused and irreverent as ever without concern for the original post(er) and chosen topic.  BTW i share your enchantment with the Pacific Pulse.  In the quiet of the night I can feel the deep rumble of breaking waves and hear the surf crashing along the shoreline a mile away.

Speaking of derailments;  When i was in college i worked for a couple of railroads and actually caused a real derailment.  No one was hurt but these are monstrously major weights to get back on the tracks!  With our conversational threads it seems so much simpler to have topical dialogue and points of view to share.

I live near the mouth of the Columbia River and she pours out her concerns to an indifferent ocean that absorbs us all. Sometimes with calm and mirrored blue seas and sometimes with the chaos of turbulence and towering waves that have earned her the nickname "Graveyard of the Pacific."

Ready to set sail ....?
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Tessa James on April 09, 2019, 12:27:19 PM

I live near the mouth of the Columbia River and she pours out her concerns to an indifferent ocean that absorbs us all. Sometimes with calm and mirrored blue seas and sometimes with the chaos of turbulence and towering waves that have earned her the nickname "Graveyard of the Pacific."

Ready to set sail ....?

Tall masts, light ships, bar pilots, helicopters....

Hi Tessa, you know how tug at the heart strings, and this is a nice derailment. I totally dig the Pacific pulse of the area Illwaco, Astoria, Long Beach, have spent a fair amount of time recreating there, we usually go to Cape Disappointment state park (used to be Ft Canby SP), sometimes Ft Stevens, with our mobile habitat unit. I can spend hours just watching the swells come in, like from the north jetty, just park on a rock and watch the swells hit the rocks just below Cape Disappointment light house, shooting water way up into the sky....

I have to believe it lowers one's blood pressure having the sound of the Ocean in the background...It's calming.

had just found this thread today, thanks for chiming in....

Cheers

Cynthia -
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on April 09, 2019, 03:13:32 PM
I have to believe it lowers one's blood pressure having the sound of the Ocean in the background...It's calming.
Cynthia -

Oh yes, I cannot deny the allure of the ocean.  The smell of the salt, the sound of the waves, the vision that extends beyond the horizon.   What's not to love!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on April 09, 2019, 03:38:16 PM
Oh yes, I cannot deny the allure of the ocean.  The smell of the salt, the sound of the waves, the vision that extends beyond the horizon.   What's not to love!
Judi

Judi, I don't know if I could live inland very far  :) You are so right above, and I would add flying kites on the beach, making sand castles (not just for kids), playing frisbie on the beach, having a nice fire going, OMG just typing this is making me long for

Hugs

C -
  •  

Tessa James

We have a nice gathering of the tribes down here for Astoria Pride, June 7-9, and my home becomes a retreat for such fine folks as we are.  Pride here is three days of rainbows and love within a small town community that is quite supportive.  I still get to be Chair for our Lower Columbia Q Center and we sponsor dance parties, A Gayla, a parade, a blowout block party and more.  Wonderful fun and immersion, as deep as you like, in rural queer culture.

I have acres of trails and a few places to put mobile units if you get tempted further....
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Jessica

@Tessa James

Quote from: Tessa James on April 09, 2019, 07:32:00 PM
We have a nice gathering of the tribes down here for Astoria Pride, June 7-9, and my home becomes a retreat for such fine folks as we are.  Pride here is three days of rainbows and love within a small town community that is quite supportive.  I still get to be Chair for our Lower Columbia Q Center and we sponsor dance parties, A Gayla, a parade, a blowout block party and more.  Wonderful fun and immersion, as deep as you like, in rural queer culture.

I have acres of trails and a few places to put mobile units if you get tempted further....

I hope to be there!  Last year was a blast!  The dance party was a huge hit 💃

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Sno

Quote from: Tessa James on April 09, 2019, 07:32:00 PM

One day, it sounds like that glade would be a wonderful place to rest, and in the mean time, we are happy to live vicariously :j

Rowan
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica
Dear Jess:

Please tell me more about the Dance Party? ???

Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: Jessica on April 09, 2019, 07:35:17 PM
@Tessa James

I hope to be there!  Last year was a blast!  The dance party was a huge hit 💃

Hugs and smiles from a California girl
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •