Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

...and a nice round of applause....

Started by Tracey, December 21, 2011, 08:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

...for the addition of the Suicide Hotline numbers. It's a smart thing that might all the difference someday. Thank you, hugs, Tracey
  •  

LivingInGrey

I'm wondering if this is pre-emptive or if something happened recently thats caused this to happen.

I've seen it once or twice before where someones had some rough times and has said so in chat or in the forums.

It's not a bad idea but seems a little bit of a downer to see it spammed all over the site now, 'specially a site I frequent. Kinda feels like a hint that I'm "in with ...that... kind of crowd".

But then again... it is that time of the year where AOD abuse and suicides go up.
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

V M

Most likely it is because trans people have an extremely high suicide rate to begin with and suicide rates tend to climb during the holidays across the board for all people in general
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Padma

It's been under discussion here for quite a while now, the need to have somewhere to point people to if they come here feeling suicidal (since the staff here are not trained counsellors). It's just taken a while to manifest. I'm glad it got done, and done comprehensively. Don't think of it as a downer, think of it (if you can) as care - the truth of it is that a lot of TG folk feel suicidal from time to time.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •