Started by -JR-, February 08, 2012, 01:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-JR-

(removed)
  •  

supremecatoverlord

Welcome to the site, JR.
:]

I look forward to seeing your future posts here and hope you get all the support that you may need.
Meow.

•  

JenniferR

Welcome JR and good luck, there's a lot of good information here and a ton of great people to bounce idea's and thoughts off of.
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Hi JR,
A big Aussie welcome to Susan's. An even bigger congratulations for acknowledging who you are and seeking the solace of your loving husband. He must be a very special guy.

As for not knowing what to say when you ring a therapist, it can be something as simple as, "Hi I want/need to discuss some Transgender issues. Have you any experience in that area?" There you go. Ice is broken, balls in their court, wait for the reply and see how confident you feel about their reply. Maintain control and only do what you feel happy to do, until you have the confidence and trust needed to go further.

Unbeknown to you, you have done the hardest thing of all in this blessed journey. The acknowledgement and coming out, it's all downhill from here on.

There is lots of resources and info here to help you along the way, plus a very big family you can draw on when times get a bit rough and who'll celebrate your victories as well.

Keep growing in the knowledge of who you are and don't be afraid to shout out for any assistance you need. Keep in touch and let us know how you are coping and in the meantime, be safe, well and happy

Lotsa huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Ayden

Hello!

I was in the same boat as you, as I have been married to a guy for a long time before I came out. I hope that you recieve the same support my guy has given me.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards.
  •  

Devlyn

Hi JR, it's nice to meet you! It's always nice to have new friends stop by. See you around, hugs, Devlyn
  •