Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Coming to terms with God

Started by Cailyn, May 26, 2005, 06:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cailyn

I have been angry with God most of my life because of my gender issues.  When she (gender is irrelevant really) failed to make me whole at age thirteen, I kicked her out of my life and frequently identified as agnostic or atheist as an adult.  In a sudden moment of awareness a few weeks ago, I realized I was no longer angry with God and that my gender issues were mine to own.  I have since also realized (my own interpretation) that prayer is really an appeal for strength or support--that God doesn't grant any actual wishes or prayers--and I think I've received it.  My coming out at work has been very difficult and what has struck me most is not how nasty how people can be but how kind many people have been to me.

Cailyn
  •  

4years

To be fair I find people to be very nasty and or nice regardless of divine influence.

I disagree about what prayer can do though, but then I also think the power behind prayer is oft (not always!) misattributed.

Just sand in the wind.
  •  

Dorian

One nasty issue in my first years of life made me stay apart from churchs. I do feel uncomfortable on them and frankly some of the words and feelings in some religions are just no-no to me.

But even I prefer to say im atheist, im actually a very spiritual person.

My philosophy is this, once you know how and why you need religion, you dont need it anymore, faith is a different matter.

Religion is one thing, faith is another. You cant live withouth faith (no matter in what you believe) but you can live withouth religion.

And if you need a religion and you dont like the actual ones, well made your own (is not like someone hasnt do that already) just follow one of the most precious rules of life.

The respect of other peoples rigths is peace
  •  

Sarah_Faith

Like you said it, god aids, that is it. However, god is whoever / whatever you conceive they to be, so if you believe in the right 'belief' for you, you can achieve anything. (Another rant off my chest :)

Take care, Sarah :)
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: Cailyn on May 26, 2005, 06:01:23 AM
I have been angry with God most of my life because of my gender issues.  When she (gender is irrelevant really) failed to make me whole at age thirteen, I kicked her out of my life and frequently identified as agnostic or atheist as an adult.  In a sudden moment of awareness a few weeks ago, I realized I was no longer angry with God and that my gender issues were mine to own.  I have since also realized (my own interpretation) that prayer is really an appeal for strength or support--that God doesn't grant any actual wishes or prayers--and I think I've received it.  My coming out at work has been very difficult and what has struck me most is not how nasty how people can be but how kind many people have been to me.

Cailyn

Why be angry at God?  She's been transgendered a lot longer than you have.
  •