Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hair transplan

Started by snowboarderchic, July 28, 2012, 09:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowboarderchic

So I'm thinning out on top and really serious about getting a hair transplant. I refuse to wear a wig because one of my jobs requires me to wear a helmet most of the time, so it would be obvious to everyone that I was wearing a wig. So I usually just discreetly swap out my helmet for my hat. 
So back to my original question, has anyone had any experiences with transplants? I've been warned that Bosley charges way too much for their procedure.
I've also been on oral meds for three years and have noticed a slowing, but not regrowth.
  •  

MariaMx

I'm thinking about improving my hairline a little and will probably go to Dr. Damkerng in Bangkok. He is supposedly one of the best in the world and about half the price of those in the US.
"Of course!"
  •  

snowboarderchic

Thanks for the tip! I checked out their web site and I'm going to send out some pic for a consultation today. I checked around here in the states and it would cost me around 6k to have it done, so I hope their prices are a little more competitive!
  •  

MariaMx

I guess it all boils down to how much work you are going to have done because traveling there will cost more. Lodging and food will again be cheaper though. The thing to remember though is that the skill of the doctor/team will make a huge difference in the result, so even if you can find someone in the US that will do it for the same price you may not end up with the same result. As far as I have gathered Damkerng and his team are among the very very best in the world.
"Of course!"
  •