Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

coming out to family

Started by mary83054, April 13, 2007, 03:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary83054

I just made a major first step for me.  I finally came out to some of my family up to this point only three people knew my wife, a ery dear friend and my thearapist.  But we are leaving our field of work overseas because of the transgender issue and are returning to the US in August so i can start to take aserious look at what I need to be doing.  Anyway since we were getting some help from one of my wifes sister and her family we thought they needed to know.  So I told them and their respnses were ery positive.  Actually my one niece in that family had figured it out when she saw me at Thanksgiving time but agreed to help keep my secret.  My wifes sister and her brother have been very good about it and are still willing to help us out.  The older dughter had a hard time with the feeling like she lost her uncle but has said she still loves me nd will work with me as well.  So far I have had a good experience in coming out I know it probably won't last but wanted to celebrate alittle anyway.  I mean this is the first time I really had the courage to tell anyone and the first time I was able to be my sef with those I care a lot about.  Just wanted to share the good news with you all.

Love:

mary
  •