Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

"Psycho"

Started by Jonie, April 18, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonie

Did you ever notice that in the original 1960's movie "Psycho" by Alfred Hitchcock that almost the entire time the sick and demented killer is portrayed as someone who is suffering from Gender Identity Disorder and because of it he is driven to the sadistic murders? Did you also ever notice that it wasn't until the very end of the movie and not until after the climax when the audience's attention starts to wane that you learn that it was not G.I.D. that was causing the problem. The director then washes his hands of this implication by having a doctor explain that Norman (played by Anthony Perkins) didn't want to live his life as a woman, he was trying to recreate or revive his dead mother by any means necessary, which in this case was the manifestation of his mothers personality in his own psyche. Don't you think this was too little too late and ultimately resulted in horrible paranoia from the general public. Well I do, I was even afraid of myself. So in conclusion I would just like to say, no mother you can't make me...kill her!
  •