Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

About groups memberships

Started by Sia, November 12, 2012, 05:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sia

I just saw in a thread that there are groups and associated private forums here, so I took a look in my profile options. Since not all of these groups are mutually exclusive, I was wondering if one could be a member of several of them or do we have to pick just one?
  •  

Devlyn

I don't believe there is anything to stop you from joining more than one group, I joined the Crossdresser group because that is how I identify. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Sia

Thanks for the fast reply and even faster request confirmations!  :)
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

I'll ask here, seeing as it is fendementally the same sort of question (and no point making threads just for the sake of it).

I want my wife to join the forum. I notice you have a SO section.

At a previous site they had a SO section too.

Now here is the question. Am I allowed to post in there at all, ever, even in a thread of my own starting? Or is it a violation, a case of no you may not post there at all?

It became a matter of difficulty at the other location, because it was not stated properly or efficiently or I am not sure if it was stated at all to be honest.

Should I even be able to read in there in the first place? Is it meant to be a spot where spouses or family can ask of others and be free of input from myself? Should it be invite only if I am not meant to have any say in there?

I had hoped to make a break through in communicating with my wife, and actually I was, and then poof I get banned from the site by ogrerish moderators all full of their power. They out of hand deleted posts without warning which I desperately needed for the wife to see. To be honest, I'd love to break one moderators knee caps I was so incredibly angry with her.

I am here because I need a lot of support, and I want the wife to come here because anything the aids in communication is a plus. There's no longer any point in her being at the other place, as they ruined it for us. I would like her to come her so I might benefit from the opportunity. But I want her to at least think this time will actually work. Her experience with the internet is damned near nil, so I need an environment that won't treat her ill.

If I am unallowed to communicate with her account to account, well to be blunt, she will be alone on this site and likely will get next to no use out of it. She's not internet savvy like so many think is so easy. It isn't. She barely comprehends how to use a computer. To me, I have no trouble with them at all. I've been online since 1990. This is old news.

So I need this descriptor expanded on.

"A place for the families (Parents included) of the transgendered to talk about issues they face in their daily lives. Please respect that this is an area for SO only."

Am I to assume the only people allowed to post in here need to be a non TG person that is SO or family?

Because my concern is fueled by what looks like posts from non SO and family.

Am I allowed to post in there or not?

Or do I just tell the wife to join, make it known she's my wife, and tell her to just enjoy posting in my threads and or starting her own elsewhere in sections she feels ok with and just not fret over the matter?
Well being TG is no treat, but becoming separated has sure caused me more trouble that being TG ever will be. So if I post, consider it me trying to distract myself from being lonely, not my needing to discuss being TG. I don't want to be separated a lot more than not wanting to be male looking.
  •  

Devlyn

Any member can post in any section of the site that they have access to. Topics should always be posted in an area suited for the discussion. As to your troubles with the Staff at other sites, it is inappropriate to bring that here. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

That makes me even more glad to be here then.

It's nice she has that special spot, and nice that I am not some how incapable of commenting with her without getting in hot water.
Well being TG is no treat, but becoming separated has sure caused me more trouble that being TG ever will be. So if I post, consider it me trying to distract myself from being lonely, not my needing to discuss being TG. I don't want to be separated a lot more than not wanting to be male looking.
  •  

Sarah Louise

Quote from Lesley_Roberta:  "I had hoped to make a break through in communicating with my wife, and actually I was, and then poof I get banned from the site by ogrerish moderators all full of their power. They out of hand deleted posts without warning which I desperately needed for the wife to see. To be honest, I'd love to break one moderators knee caps I was so incredibly angry with her."

Two comments on that paragraph from your earlier post:

1st) Forum posts should never replace face to face time with your spouse, expecting your wife to read things you wrote (for her) on the web is a poor way of communicating.  It should never replace talking these things over with your wife in person.

2nd) Posting threatening comments (even towards some who is not at this forum) is not acceptable.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

Just want to mention, the woman generated that level of ill will in me. Interestingly, I have yet to meet anyone that can't identify the forum unaided and no one has anything nice to say about it either, and always the same reason. Now the idea I would actually do anything is of course outrageous. I live in the real world. Not to mention I don't know the woman, have virtually no way to do anything to her other than join the choir claiming she's unfriendly.

At this point I want THAT matter dropped. Taking comments like I mentioned genuinely seriously is silly and a disproportionate level of concern.
It was all already commented on by Devlyn Marie.

Now as for the wife, been married 26 years, and most of that 26 years she has never been very expressive. Getting her to say anything even in face to face conversations is a major effort. She is barely communicative while in an office with the aid of a counsellor trying to encourage it.
So I tend to go with whatever works basically. If she opens up online, I'm all for it. Me, I am an extremely expressive person. Essentially the complete opposite of her.
  •  

Devlyn

All comments made here are expected to be within the TOS. Rules 4 &5 specifically address  threatening content. You mIght feel that it should be allowed because you don't mean it. That is not the case. Please review the full TOS here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,2.0.html Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jamie D

Lesley Roberta, I am all for keeping open lines of communication.  And if this site helps you and your wife work through some issues, more power to the both of you.

Just a note:  There are private "Peer Support Group" boards, open to you by application to Forum Admin.  These boards cannot been seen by the public, nor by members who do not have access.

I have forgotten now if there is an SO peer support board.
  •