Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

70.3 triathlon

Started by Riley Skye, November 16, 2012, 10:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Skye

Well it's that time of year to start training for another season of crazy racing. A 70.3 triathlon consists of 1.2 miles swimming, 56 biking and 13.1 running, half the distance of a full ironman. I love doing these crazy long races because the exhilaration you get from competing and finishing races that normal people can't even imagine! Plus it has been bringing me into the absolute best shape of my life!
Love and peace are eternal
  •  

Danigrl

That's so awesome! I only started a fitness routine last February. So far I've lost 40lbs, and feel better than ever. My longest distance so far is 10 mile run. I've done a Ragnar which is my fave so far. Started hrt a few months ago so I'm curious to see what happens. Hopefully I'll continue to lose fat and bulk so I can be lean and mean. Congrats on the tri! Someday I hope to do one!
  •  

Kevin Peña

I never liked competitions. I just bike/swim for the heck of it, sometimes going long distances. It's more fun that way.
  •  

Riley Skye

I actually finished my first full ironman in Lake Placid over the summer, was one big death march for me but so worth it in the end. Just keeping up with fitness is great and for me competitions are the cherry on top, the show case of your awesome levels! I myself lost 30 pounds when I started and have become a lean mean fighting machine! Will probably lose muscle next year and I hope I don't lose my faint 6 pack!
Love and peace are eternal
  •