Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

There will be no rapture & Jesus is not coming back

Started by Amazon D, January 18, 2013, 05:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annah

Quote from: Amazon D on January 19, 2013, 08:54:00 AM
I BELIEVE

I do not trust that book "Heaven is for Real" whatsoever.

The first chapter, the father talks about how poor they were and they had no money and was almost destitute as a Pastor....then his son "dies" and comes back from heaven to tell his story. Now, they are millionaires with One Hardback for adults, a study guide, a children's version, a coloring book, CDs, and now an appendium that came out two months ago.

And they now book their testimonies for a fee and charges to come to a church and preach...charges A LOT more than what someone normally gets to guest preach and have their own manager.

It's fake. Just another religious money maker...and they are using children this time. Sad.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Annah on January 20, 2013, 12:15:56 PM
I do not trust that book "Heaven is for Real" whatsoever.

The first chapter, the father talks about how poor they were and they had no money and was almost destitute as a Pastor....then his son "dies" and comes back from heaven to tell his story. Now, they are millionaires with One Hardback for adults, a study guide, a children's version, a coloring book, CDs, and now an appendium that came out two months ago.

And they now book their testimonies for a fee and charges to come to a church and preach...charges A LOT more than what someone normally gets to guest preach and have their own manager.

It's fake. Just another religious money maker...and they are using children this time. Sad.

Simply disgustingly shameful and nothing more!
  •  

SarahM777

Quote from: Amazon D on January 18, 2013, 06:38:38 AM
In the second video he explains jesus isn't yahshua and christianity was created by the catholic church and constantine from that other guy who was the first european pharoh ''see the 2nd video then we can discuss this better

PS: He has other videos downplaying paul and his writings which could be the reason he doesn't use other scriptures of his as acurate

He leaves out all of early church history and also the history of the Roman Empire. By 67 AD Nero was persecuting Christians. Still well within the time frame that the accounts of Jesus could still be verified by eye witness accounts. Jesus did not do the miracles in a vacuum.  On just two occasions Jesus fed 5,000 and 4,000 men. Add women and children the potential is upwards of 35,000 eye witnesses to those two events alone.

It also leaves out the very reason why Luke wrote a letter to his friend,

Luke 1

1 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

Luke implies he is a skeptic. He is not taking these things at face value,but he investigates it. Why? Because he does not want his friend to be deceived. Luke never says it's a first hand account but an account from investigative work. He verifies it by checking out the eyewitnesses that saw this first hand. Because of his love for his friend,and the fact he took his time,resources and effort to do this,he was going to be 100 % sure that what he was being told is the truth.  Add to that Luke is a physician and one thing about doctors is they know people do not always tell the truth.
Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

Amazon D

since they didn't have the letter J back then and since there was that person a pharo from european decent there seems to be two people. The jesus person made up and the yahshua person who was crucified.
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

SarahM777

Philosophical question,if I was being addressed by my given name in another language does that mean they are not speaking of the same person? If I was in any of these countries and they addressed me in their language by their understanding of the name does it mean that they are talking about a different Michael?

Meical (In Wales)

Mikhailo (In de Ukraïne)

Miguel (In Spanje en in Portugal)

Mihael (In Slovenië)

Micheil (In Schotland)

Mikael (In Scandinavië)

Mikkel (In Scandinavië)

Mikhail (In Rusland)

Mihai (In Roemenië)

Mykolas (In Lithuanian)

Michele (In Italië)

Mikko (In Finland)

Mihhaelo (In Esperanto)

Mikelo (In Esperanto)

Micheal (In Engelstalige landen)

Myghal (In Cornish)

Miquel (In Catalonië)

Michal (In de Bijbel, Polen en in Tsjechië)

Mikel (In Baskenland)

Mitxel (In Baskenland)

Or do I become a different person just because they use their version of the same name with the same meaning in English?

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Quote from: Shantel on January 20, 2013, 01:15:09 PM
Simply disgustingly shameful and nothing more!

I know someone who has died 3 times. They told me that they saw their Grandma, this person used to be a hit man and a hard core biker. He now works at a church, and while not perfect (who among us is anyways?) He is a humble man, not rich, works a hard days job and yet when he told me what He saw and what his Grandma said to him, I was moved.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine on January 21, 2013, 09:23:41 AM
I know someone who has died 3 times. They told me that they saw their Grandma, this person used to be a hit man and a hard core biker. He now works at a church, and while not perfect (who among us is anyways?) He is a humble man, not rich, works a hard days job and yet when he told me what He saw and what his Grandma said to him, I was moved.

My comment is aimed at people who obviously are using something that their small child may or may not have experienced as the foundation for what has obviously become a money making scheme. Once again, it appears to be just another black eye for Christ in the eyes of non-believers who are skeptical of anything having to do with the spiritual realm and most especially with Christianity. These threads become so factious that I prefer not to deal with them generally. This will be my final post in this thread. Over and out!
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

I know what you meant Shantel, i was not negating your post, in fact I agree. So many people making mega millions off of people. There is a pastor who claims he went to heaven too. I see so many mega churches, who are fundies, making all the dough, and yet humble people in small churches who accept lgbt make nearly nothing.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Amazon D

Quote from: SarahM777 on January 21, 2013, 09:02:43 AM
Philosophical question,if I was being addressed by my given name in another language does that mean they are not speaking of the same person? If I was in any of these countries and they addressed me in their language by their understanding of the name does it mean that they are talking about a different Michael?

Meical (In Wales)

Mikhailo (In de Ukraïne)

Miguel (In Spanje en in Portugal)

Mihael (In Slovenië)

Micheil (In Schotland)

Mikael (In Scandinavië)

Mikkel (In Scandinavië)

Mikhail (In Rusland)

Mihai (In Roemenië)

Mykolas (In Lithuanian)

Michele (In Italië)

Mikko (In Finland)

Mihhaelo (In Esperanto)

Mikelo (In Esperanto)

Micheal (In Engelstalige landen)

Myghal (In Cornish)

Miquel (In Catalonië)

Michal (In de Bijbel, Polen en in Tsjechië)

Mikel (In Baskenland)

Mitxel (In Baskenland)

Or do I become a different person just because they use their version of the same name with the same meaning in English?

Sarah you have to see the 2nd video to understand how they are two different people not two different spellings etc
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

SarahM777

After watching it the second time,all I hear him doing is taking a statue from about 300 BC,a picture from about 135 BC and a small part of a letter written in 134 AD (Almost 170 years apart) and then drawing a conclusion that somehow these two are related. He doesn't touch once on any of the other historical documents (Non biblical) that show that Jesus did live in Judea,was put to death by Pilot,was born in Bethlehem,he totally leaves out the council of Jerusalem in AD 50 etc.
This is on the first part. (I have to take a break from watching the rest till later)

This is from Josephus "The Antiquities Of The Jews"  Book 18 Chapter 3

SEDITION OF THE JEWS AGAINST PONTIUS PILATE. CONCERNING CHRIST, AND WHAT BEFELL PAULINA AND THE JEWS AT ROME,

1. BUT now Pilate, the procurator of Judea, removed the army from Cesarea to Jerusalem, to take their winter quarters there, in order to abolish the Jewish laws. So he introduced Caesar's effigies, which were upon the ensigns, and brought them into the city; whereas our law forbids us the very making of images; on which account the former procurators were wont to make their entry into the city with such ensigns as had not those ornaments. Pilate was the first who brought those images to Jerusalem, and set them up there; which was done without the knowledge of the people, because it was done in the night time; but as soon as they knew it, they came in multitudes to Cesarea, and interceded with Pilate many days that he would remove the images; and when he would not grant their requests, because it would tend to the injury of Caesar, while yet they persevered in their request, on the sixth day he ordered his soldiers to have their weapons privately, while he came and sat upon his judgment-seat, which seat was so prepared in the open place of the city, that it concealed the army that lay ready to oppress them; and when the Jews petitioned him again, he gave a signal to the soldiers to encompass them routed, and threatened that their punishment should be no less than immediate death, unless they would leave off disturbing him, and go their ways home. But they threw themselves upon the ground, and laid their necks bare, and said they would take their death very willingly, rather than the wisdom of their laws should be transgressed; upon which Pilate was deeply affected with their firm resolution to keep their laws inviolable, and presently commanded the images to be carried back from Jerusalem to Cesarea.

2. But Pilate undertook to bring a current of water to Jerusalem, and did it with the sacred money, and derived the origin of the stream from the distance of two hundred furlongs. However, the Jews were not pleased with what had been done about this water; and many ten thousands of the people got together, and made a clamor against him, and insisted that he should leave off that design. Some of them also used reproaches, and abused the man, as crowds of such people usually do. So he habited a great number of his soldiers in their habit, who carried daggers under their garments, and sent them to a place where they might surround them. So he bid the Jews himself go away; but they boldly casting reproaches upon him, he gave the soldiers that signal which had been beforehand agreed on; who laid upon them much greater blows than Pilate had commanded them, and equally punished those that were tumultuous, and those that were not; nor did they spare them in the least: and since the people were unarmed, and were caught by men prepared for what they were about, there were a great number of them slain by this means, and others of them ran away wounded. And thus an end was put to this sedition.

3. Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, (9) those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; (10) as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.

He lived from 37-100 AD,well within the time frame to check out eye witnesses accounts to the
events that occurred.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

peky

Quote from: SarahM777 on January 21, 2013, 04:58:23 PM

3. Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, (9) those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; (10) as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.

Except that you have quoted a text that has Christian insertions into the original

QuoteTwo researchers (Edwin Yamauchi and John P. Meier) have constructed a copy of the "Testimonium"

"About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man. For he was one who wrought surprising feats and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. When Pilate, upon hearing him accused by men of the highest standing amongst us, had condemned him to be crucified, those who had in the first place come to love him did not give up their affection for him.  And the tribe of the Christians, so called after him, has still to this day not disappeared."

This^^ the Greek translation is in agreement with the Arabic translation (below)

"At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus.  And his conduct was good, and he was known to be virtuous.  And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them after his crucifixion and that he was alive; accordingly, he was perhaps the Messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders."
  •  

SarahM777

Quote from: peky on January 21, 2013, 08:12:59 PM
Except that you have quoted a text that has Christian insertions into the original

This^^ the Greek translation is in agreement with the Arabic translation (below)

"At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus.  And his conduct was good, and he was known to be virtuous.  And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them after his crucifixion and that he was alive; accordingly, he was perhaps the Messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders."

Thank you for correcting my error. I should have known that as Josephus never claimed to be a Christian. I am sorry for causing any confusion due to my lack of double checking the source.

The Fourth Doctor
  •