Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

showed up my bio cousin

Started by Justin 21, February 08, 2013, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin 21

yesterday i had family come over for a visit and  my cousin who is a bio male was showing off his sad excuse for a neck beard my father and i  asked how long he'd been growing it, he said almost 5 weeks, my father and i laughed our heads off when i showed him i had 3 times as much as much hair growth in 1 week, then he lifted his shirt to try and out do me by showing off body hair ( which was maybe 3 hairs), i upstaged him again and lifted my shirt and the bottom of my binder to reveal my stomach and back which is almost covered in hair (more like fur). he then as a last resort tried to challange me to a dick measuring contest. to my surprise my fathe being a smart ass  like me automaticly told my cousin not to shame himself, that i had atleat 2 inches on him.  the look of horror on his face was priceless, and my mum spat her drink everywhere from laughing, everyone had a laugh it was all in good fun but it made my day :)
  •  

KayCeeDee

That's awesome, especially the last part and everyone's reactions!
  •  

_Jack_

•  

bethany

•  

CursedFireDean

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •  

Liminal Stranger

"And if you feel that you can't go on, in the light you will find the road"
- In the Light, Led Zeppelin
  •  

justmeinoz

"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Gene

ROFL Poor guy, he didn't stand a chance against your manliness.
Who's got two thumbs, is a FTM transsexual artist & moderate gamer who is outspoken about his opinions w/ an insatiable appetite for his enemy's shame? This guy
  •  

Jayr

Not looking to start anything..but what if it was the other way around?
What if your cousin put down your masculinity and made you feel down about it?
What if he did like you did too him? Would you still feel bad even though he was playing?
Would all of you be praising his cousin??

I know it was all in fun,
But this kind of thing gets you thinking..
just saying.

•  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: Jayr on February 09, 2013, 04:49:01 PM
Not to be an >-bleeped-<..but what if it was the other way around?
What if your cousin put down your masculinity and made you feel down about it?
Would all of you be praising his cousin??

I'm sure that he, being a cis-male, isn't going to doubt his masculinity simply because he has less hair than someone else. He doesn't have to live with that constant asterisk that the trans population has to deal with all of the time. That whole "I'm not completely real" thing. At the end of the day, he and everyone else will acknowledge that he's a man. A trans guy, however, would have discrimination and a disclaimer that he's not a "real" man because he doesn't have a Y-chromosome. No offense to the cousin, but I'd say that you should take any win you can get, considering how sparse they are for us.

Food for thought.  :)
  •  

Jayr

Quote from: DianaP on February 09, 2013, 04:53:30 PM
I'm sure that he, being a cis-male, isn't going to doubt his masculinity simply because he has less hair than someone else. He doesn't have to live with that constant asterisk that the trans population has to deal with all of the time. That whole "I'm not completely real" thing. At the end of the day, he and everyone else will acknowledge that he's a man. A trans guy, however, would have discrimination and a disclaimer that he's not a "real" man because he doesn't have a Y-chromosome. No offense to the cousin, but I'd say that you should take any win you can get, considering how sparse they are for us.

Food for thought.  :)

Oh so being trans gives you the right to put down other peoples femininity and masculinity..
Sorry, I was never informed of that one.

I think it's kindof a double standard but whatever.
OP: Just don't complain if your cousin gets back at you.

•  

Kevin Peña

No one was putting down anyone's masculinity. No one was trying to imply that the cousin was any less of a man. They just pointed out that Justin had more body hair. It's just hair. Unless everyone was laughing at the cousin because they were mocking him for not being a man (instead of the look on his face), there's no need to be so sensitive.  ???
  •  

Jayr

Quote from: DianaP on February 09, 2013, 05:01:07 PM
No one was putting down anyone's masculinity. No one was trying to imply that the cousin was any less of a man. They just pointed out that Justin had more body hair. It's just hair. Unless everyone was laughing at the cousin because they were mocking him for not being a man (instead of the look on his face), there's no need to be so sensitive.  ???

I'm pretty sure if the roles had been flipped, all of you would have had a different opinion.
I just think the double standard is wrong.

You said it yourself in your previous post.
It was okay to mess with the cousin simply because he was cis.
I think there's a little something wrong with that.

If you say it would have been completely fine for his cousin to do that to him, than fine.
I'm sorry, there's no double standard and it's fair.

Again; Don't complain OP if you cousin gets you back. He owes you one now.
I'm gonna leave it at that, not looking for trouble.

•  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: Jayr on February 09, 2013, 05:12:04 PM
You said it yourself in your previous post.
It was okay to mess with the cousin simply because he was cis.

Well, yeah. It's completely different. He's not in doubt and insecurity over his own gender, just his body hair.
  •  

Jayr

Quote from: DianaP on February 09, 2013, 05:17:11 PM
Well, yeah. It's completely different. He's not in doubt and insecurity over his own gender, just his body hair.
There's no difference. We're all people.
And who are you, that you can judge peoples degrees of insecurities and compare them to one another?

All I was saying was how wrong it is to praise someone for putting down someone else,
when if the opposite had happened everyone would have felt horrible for the OP.

Why? Because messing with someone cis is acceptable, but apparently horrible if done to a trans individual.
That's wrong and unfair.

You flat out admitted it was okay to mess with cis people just because they are cis.
A my the only one that sees something wrong with that..

It just bugs me how much of a double standard we have here,
and this just so happened to be the thread I spoke out on.

•  

Kevin Peña

Well, it's kind of obvious that a cis male knows that he's a guy since he's biologically male, whereas a trans person doesn't have that luxury. It's just obvious which one is more secure with his gender.

Besides, no one was putting anyone down. It was just a showing of body hair.

You're entitled to your opinion. However, it's just that: an opinion.  ???
  •  

Arch

Sounds like typical boy competition to me. If the cousin was showing off, then he should expect to be challenged. This sort of thing happens in adulthood as well--for example, I was in my gay group last year, mouthing off about something (I can't remember what), and a couple of the guys took me down a peg. I had second thoughts and retracted, and we went on with our conversation. No big deal. They were quite right to say something; I was being obnoxious.

I should also point out that if the roles were reversed, it wouldn't be a "fair fight," so to speak. From what I have read, nobody was trying to say that the cousin isn't a real man, but trans men are told that pretty consistently. Apples and oranges. Anyway, if the OP were going overboard and other men were around, he would probably be challenged as well.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

=celestica=

How obvious is the insecurity on this thread.
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: =celestica= on February 09, 2013, 05:41:14 PM
How obvious is the insecurity on this thread.

Well, all things considered, trans people should be expected to be insecure.  :(
  •  

Liminal Stranger

Quote from: Jayr on February 09, 2013, 05:33:26 PM
There's no difference. We're all people.
And who are you, that you can judge peoples degrees of insecurities and compare them to one another?

All I was saying was how wrong it is to praise someone for putting down someone else,
when if the opposite had happened everyone would have felt horrible for the OP.

Why? Because messing with someone cis is acceptable, but apparently horrible if done to a trans individual.
That's wrong and unfair.

You flat out admitted it was okay to mess with cis people just because they are cis.
A my the only one that sees something wrong with that..

It just bugs me how much of a double standard we have here,
and this just so happened to be the thread I spoke out on.

Well, the fact of life is that these things are common even if both guys are cis. Families compare their kids for bragging rights- the point is that Justin can now revel in being the victor of one of these "dick-measuring" contests. It's really just a social sport; friends do it when they're showing off their new body hair, parents show off their kids to people they care about out of pride. At the end of the day, they're both normal guys- the fact that our friend here proved himself as manly according to the standards measured is just that much better for him because his Y chromosome has an extra arm attached to it and is missing the SRY gene  :laugh:

"And if you feel that you can't go on, in the light you will find the road"
- In the Light, Led Zeppelin
  •