Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

100% PROOF! Obama is a KEYNESIAN!

Started by oZma, February 14, 2013, 01:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oZma

Quote from: kkut on February 15, 2013, 07:50:58 PM
Spacial, capitalism when actually practiced doesn't fail. Bad government policies fail. Check out the story below, yet another example of capital fleeing the U.S. because of terrible punitive tax policy. More and more of these stories are predictably on their way...

http://www.atr.org/high-tax-rate-former-welterweight-champ-a7474

and
http://www.businessinsider.com/cisco-not-acquiring-us-companies-2013-2

and
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/14/Like-a-Good-Neighbor-State-Farm-is-No-Longer-There-in-Illinois

talk about killing the goose that laid the egg
  •  

spacial

Presumably, changing the discussion to a different topic indicates you no longer have any disagreement with the points I proposed?
  •  

oZma

Quote from: spacial on February 15, 2013, 08:08:25 PM
Presumably, changing the discussion to a different topic indicates you no longer have any disagreement with the points I proposed?

nope! just gathering a little bit of knowledge... I'm sure I will be a little bit of heat for this, but this is my belief...

Objectivism is a philosophy created by Russian-American philosopher and novelist Ayn Rand (1905–1982). Objectivism's central tenets are that reality exists independent of consciousness, that human beings have direct contact with reality through sense perception, that one can attain objective knowledge from perception through the process of concept formation and inductive logic, that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness (or rational self-interest), that the only social system consistent with this morality is full respect for individual rights embodied in laissez-faire capitalism.

i would argue that all we have in this life is our morals, our beliefs... and mine is for maximum individual rights... or more commonly known as freedom :)

I'll add a bit more

Rand's defense of individual liberty integrates elements from her entire philosophy. Since reason is the means of human knowledge, it is therefore each person's most fundamental means of survival and is necessary to the achievement of values. The use or threat of force neutralizes the practical effect of an individual's reason, whether the force originates from the state or from a criminal. According to Rand, "man's mind will not function at the point of a gun." Therefore, the only type of organized human behavior consistent with the operation of reason is that of voluntary cooperation. Persuasion is the method of reason. By its nature, the overtly irrational cannot rely on the use of persuasion and must ultimately resort to force to prevail. Thus, Rand saw reason and freedom as correlates, just as she saw mysticism and force as corollaries. Based on this understanding of the role of reason, Objectivists hold that the initiation of physical force against the will of another is immoral, as are indirect initiations of force through threats, fraud, or breach of contract. The use of defensive or retaliatory force, on the other hand, is appropriate.
  •  

spacial

Fine, but this has very little to do with complaints about taxation.

Such complaints are not the province of capitalists, objectivists or indeed any other single group.

Though you seem to be hoping to imply they are.
  •  

oZma

Quote from: spacial on February 15, 2013, 08:20:05 PM
Fine, but this has very little to do with complaints about taxation.

Such complaints are not the province of capitalists, objectivists or indeed any other single group.

Though you seem to be hoping to imply they are.

taxation is force, therefore immoral

The use or threat of force neutralizes the practical effect of an individual's reason, whether the force originates from the state or from a criminal.
  •  

spacial

Quote from: kkut on February 15, 2013, 08:19:05 PM
I don't disagree.

However, I strongly believe we're in a state of over-regulation currently.

I do love your idea of a flat tax and getting rid of deductions.

Perhaps, though equally, the regulations are in the wrong place.

The example of flat rate tax and elimination of all deductions is an example I offered to demonstrate that there are indeed alternatives to the unlimited freedoms capitalists currently enjoy.. Though those who make a living from Franchises, (tax relief) and rents (tax relief) among others whose business are based upon tax relief, would be very much opposed, as they are.
  •  

spacial

Quote from: oZma on February 15, 2013, 08:21:25 PM
taxation is force, therefore immoral

The use or threat of force neutralizes the practical effect of an individual's reason, whether the force originates from the state or from a criminal.

I'm sorry but that is a ridiculous argument.

Without taxation there is no military, no police, no law.
  •  

oZma

Quote from: spacial on February 15, 2013, 08:25:46 PM
I'm sorry but that is a ridiculous argument.

Without taxation there is no military, no police, no law.

and you are entitled to your opinion :)

if i don't want to support something like WAR, i shouldn't have to...

if something is unsustainable without taxes, it shouldn't exist...

persuasion, not coercion
education, not legislation
  •  

V M

Hi friends  :police:

Just in case anyone has forgotten, this is a transgender support site and various topics and issues should in some way relate to trans issues

Topic locked

Thank you

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •