Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Sometimes I draw stuff

Started by Tossu-sama, February 16, 2013, 02:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaveMeJeebus

Quote from: Tossu-sama on August 27, 2013, 06:39:40 PM
Haha... Nope. I would've have to tape at least three more papers to have enough space for the horse-y part. :D

'_'. I reckon you did it  :laugh:.
  •  

Tossu-sama

I did more centaurs.
And yes, they're related to Pyry if someone's wondering.

Santeri

Joonatan Sakarinpoika

I've also been way too into Shingeki no Kyojin and now I've been doodling my own characters as Titans...
So here's the first doodle I got done so it looks somewhat decent:

Brenton Norwood, or B as many know him, as a Titan. I like to call him Berserker Titan. 8)
And I bet you have no clue who he's supposed to be, here's a normal version kinda old and horribad though.
  •  

Tossu-sama

Ahahaha... I'm neck-deep in the SnK fandom.
A clear sign of it is the fact that I draw fanart.

Yes, I actually drew him as AN ADULT MAN instead of a pubescent teenage boy like Eren.
Deal with it.
  •  

Alex

Damn, your art style is awesome!   :D

I've been drawing since around the same time you have. I used to draw with my mouse, too, which was a pain in the ass. I think I read that it's like drawing with a soap bar, which yeah, it kind of is.  :P

Anyways, great work! Can't wait to see more!
  •  

Tossu-sama

Quote from: Alex on September 18, 2013, 11:06:47 PM
Damn, your art style is awesome!   :D

I've been drawing since around the same time you have. I used to draw with my mouse, too, which was a pain in the ass. I think I read that it's like drawing with a soap bar, which yeah, it kind of is.  :P

Anyways, great work! Can't wait to see more!

Hehe, thanks. ;D
I already got some new art coming up but it's gonna end up only in my y!Gallery and Tumblr because nudity, oops. |D

I don't exactly draw with a mouse (even I'm not that crazy!), I just use it for coloring. :D I sometimes think even a soap bar would be better... But then I remember the times when I didn't have an optic laser mouse... Damn.
  •  

Tossu-sama

Hey-ho, I drew my fiancé's character because I couldn't decide which one of my 130+ characters to use. |D

He be Landon Yeung and he's a triad member. He's part of the same storyline/setting as my character Scotty Cheng.

All in all, I haven't really been in a good drawing mood for a while...
I hate it.
  •  

Tossu-sama

O HAI.
Been drawing some new stuff.

My part of an art trade over at y!Gallery.
...I, uh... accidentally "shaved" his armpits. |D

OOPS.
I drew my centaur OCs being cute.
And yes, they're both male/men/guys/dudes. Whatever you call centaur genders. @_@

Fun fact: Cobalt is a Korean male idol but doesn't really look like one.
He knows and also likes it.
He also knows he's got some big guns and he likes to flaunt them. :B
...He's fun to draw.

Aaaaand I sometimes do conceptual sketches, too.
These are for a HUGE scifi RP setting I'm working on with my Polish online friend.
I somehow ended up being responsible for the uniform apperances among certain other things, agh.
You can clearly see from the last one that I started to get fed up with all the uniforms. xD
  •  

DriftingCrow

ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Kytri

Oh, I like the way you draw muscles a lot! And I also like Attack on Titan, though I'm more a fan of the manga than the anime.

Regarding your comment about inking removing the detail. Man, I know that feeling. What are you using to ink with? I've found if I use something that lets me vary my line width like a brush or a quill it helps with that.
  •  

Tossu-sama

Quote from: Kytri on November 17, 2013, 09:11:05 AM
Oh, I like the way you draw muscles a lot! And I also like Attack on Titan, though I'm more a fan of the manga than the anime.

Regarding your comment about inking removing the detail. Man, I know that feeling. What are you using to ink with? I've found if I use something that lets me vary my line width like a brush or a quill it helps with that.

I prefer the manga these days, too. I read it after I had watched the anime but the animation work and the soundtrack OH GOD THE SOUNDTRACK makes it worth while. ;)

As for what I use for inking, I mainly use Staedtler pigment liners in sizes 0.05 and 0.1. For bigger sizes, I still have Pigma Micron pens left. Those are some amazing pens, they almost literally flow on the paper.
It's just really frustrating sometimes when even the 0.05 pen isn't enough small. @_@ But it's really juggling between two different sized pens, sometimes even three to get my lineart done.

And as final words I issue a warning:
There'll be more big muscles. 8I They're too much fun to draw.
  •  

Kytri

Wow, those are small pens. I've used microns that size in the past but I always split the nib after a couple of drawings. I guess I'm too heavy handed for them.

And yeah the soundtrack in Attack on Titan is really good, and the art in general in the anime is better than the manga. I'm the sort of person who cares more about the story than anything though.
  •  

Tossu-sama

Haha, I've split few nibs myself on 0.1s. :D The only problem with the 0.05 for is that the nib sinks in and eventually there's no point to draw with. Really delicate stuff those ones.

Yeah, the drawing style of Isayama is... rather interesting. It's not as refined as what I've usually seen in manga. Very sketchy and he sometimes seriously seems to flip the finger at anatomy. xD But yeah, story is important for me, too. I wouldn't have kept watching or reading that series if it wasn't interesting in the first place.
I did notice the soundtrack works while reading the manga as well. I was reading the Rogue Titan vs. Female Titan in the city part and had the soundtrack playing at the same time. Damn, it made the reading experience intense. xD
  •  

Tossu-sama

Not really drawings but art nonetheless?

Both fonts are from dafont.com.

//EDIT:
I did a Great Dane, too.

•  

Tossu-sama

I'm abusing my own art thread, lulz.

A collab with my fiancé! She did the lineart and I colored it. :D
They're both our original characters and in our minds they're a synonym for anything cute, even if they're both over 6ft tall muscular guys... It just works. >3>
I must also recommend that you check out my fiancé's deviantART. She has totally different drawing style than me but I guess that's what makes things interesting. ;D

A little sneak peek and some improvement comparison...

Ahahaha... yeah.
I suppose it's quite clear which one is the older one. Yeah, it's from 2011. I was really THAT bad.
A fine proof it took me quite a while to get to the point where I am with muscles these days...
I also made some updates in the character design as well.
Oh yeah, he's a naga. Half man, half snake. Quite obviously the snake half is the bottom part. |D
  •  

DriftingCrow

ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Kytri

Wow, that's a huge improvement for, what, two years? And it's not just the musculature, the newer one has much better line quality and the figure seems more three dimensional and solid over all.
  •  

Tossu-sama

Thanks. :)

I think one reason behind the bad line quality was the setting I used for scanning. It made the lines very clear but also very choppy and pixelated. And I used that because it was easier to paintbucket areas with color. I seriously thought that was a good way to color something. @_@ Idiot...
Plus I used just one sized pen to ink stuff. Not a good idea. |D

I also had a love affair with Photoshop's layer properties.
  •  

Kytri

I think a lot of people do that early on.

I actually still use the paint bucket a fair amount in my coloring process, mostly for speed, I just use it on another layer so I avoid those jaggy edges.
  •  

Tossu-sama

I can understand the speed factor. I wouldn't mind coming up a faster way to get flat colors done but I suppose it's a bit no can do situation with my current equipment. Oh well, at least I get to kill some time. |D

Aaaand I got the naga dude done!
Turned out slightly better than I anticipated. c:

Who needs a tablet for coloring anyway?
  •  

Tossu-sama

I made a new character.

...Let's just say I forgot to draw some clothes on him.
It clearly wasn't my intention to draw him half-naked. <innocent whistling>
  •