Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HRT is the best ever and transitioning is also awesome!!! Seriously its the best

Started by elnora, February 28, 2013, 08:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elnora

:) I started presenting female recently and am out to everyone and it's so cool so I wanted to tell everyone who is thinking about transitioning or anything that it's the best and you should do it even if you are afraid.

My experience with HRT has been that it makes you happy all the time and every night I get like this and then it feels weird because I'm so happy and don't know what to do about it so I decided to make this forum post to talk about it! I've been on HRT for a month and I already have small breasts but they still seem to be growing so that's really cool. Anyway, I just wanted to tell everyone how awesome it is.

Also, when you're gendered female people call you she and ma'am and her and stuff which is SO COOL. It's definitely really awesome and I think everyone should try presenting female at least once to experience it : ).

•  

tomthom

are you sure they didn't give you cocaine instead of estrogen? hahahaha, glad to hear it's working for you though.
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

Maegan

Welcome to the E train Elnora!

I've been on that train for about 18 months now and I still have this silly grin on my face just about every day.

Enjoy the ride.

Huggs

Maegan

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: tomthom on February 28, 2013, 09:10:17 PM
are you sure they didn't give you cocaine instead of estrogen? hahahaha, glad to hear it's working for you though.

Ahahahah!!!

Yes it is awesome. And now that I think about it sometimes it does feel like the excitement from being properly gendered is similar to cocaine.

I recently went full time and a few weeks later I very suddenly started getting maam'ed and miss'ed everywhere. I can feel my inner self glow every time it happens. It's one of those feelings that words cannot do justice, at all. My therapist was dead on, she predicted it. I didn't believe her at the time, but I think that just made it all that much more exciting when it actually did start happening.

Most of the time I feel like all that goodness is not about passing flawlessly (I'm sure it doesn't hurt, though!). More so it's about knowing who you are, being comfortable with yourself, and experiencing other people reflecting the real you back to yourself in a respectful and understanding way.

Being transgender is a beautiful thing. Sometimes I get so happy about being able to experience these emotionally profound scenarios that I actually feel sorry for CIS folk because they probably won't ever experience "gender euphoria".
  •  

elnora

Quote from: Jennygirl on March 01, 2013, 03:25:01 AM
I recently went full time and a few weeks later I very suddenly started getting maam'ed and miss'ed everywhere. I can feel my inner self glow every time it happens. It's one of those feelings that words cannot do justice, at all.

I know exactly what you mean it's really awesome!!! I went full time a few weeks after starting HRT and it's been AWESOME. I would only rarely get ma'amed when I wore boys clothes before hrt, and somehow it didn't feel so awesome then,  I guess it's because back then I thought of it as them "making a lucky mistake" rather than acknowledging who I am.

More so it's about knowing who you are, being comfortable with yourself, and experiencing other people reflecting the real you back to yourself in a respectful and understanding way.

I used to think about this a lot before transition. I thought it would be impossible for people to see me as anything I would enjoy having reflected back at me but it's definitely super cool.

Being transgender is a beautiful thing. Sometimes I get so happy about being able to experience these emotionally profound scenarios that I actually feel sorry for CIS folk because they probably won't ever experience "gender euphoria".

That's why cis people should transition too!

•  

Nicolette

I'm not sure who's taking the proverbial here, but I'll chime in because I'm starting to feel left out. Isn't it just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  •  

Shodan

I'm so jealous. I want to start HRT so very badly. But I'm not going to until I come out to my son and my parents. Mom is scheduled for tomorrow, so one down, two to go!

•  

elnora

Quote from: Shodan on March 01, 2013, 09:10:36 PM
I'm so jealous. I want to start HRT so very badly. But I'm not going to until I come out to my son and my parents. Mom is scheduled for tomorrow, so one down, two to go!

Nobody has to know when you started :). You could just start now and fudge the date a little when you talk to them. Besides, it takes a quite a while to get on hormones so if you start the medical process right away you probably wont be taking your first E until you've already come out anyway!

Nothing is more important than being yourself right away!!!!! I'm sure you can do it because you have a super cool transhumanisty avatar!

I'm actually really sleepy right now though, haven't been getting as much sleep as I need but it's still pretty cool. I think I need to do dancing soon or something..

Also I'm sure you'll be like a super cute robot girl or something if you want to cosplay so you should definitely do hrt right away! : )

•  

Trixie

Super jealous. Hopefully I can do the same some time in the not horribly distant future. Hope so anyway... *sigh*
  •  

Shodan

Quote from: elnora on March 01, 2013, 09:44:56 PM

Nobody has to know when you started :). You could just start now and fudge the date a little when you talk to them. Besides, it takes a quite a while to get on hormones so if you start the medical process right away you probably wont be taking your first E until you've already come out anyway!

Nothing is more important than being yourself right away!!!!!
I actually have to kind of disagree with you there. One of the commitments I made to myself when I decided to go on this journey was that I was going to be honest to my loved ones. Lying to them, to me, is a major breach of trust even if it is something as small as starting HRT earlier than expected.

That being said, I'm probably going to bring it up in my next session with my therapist and see if I can't get the ball rolling.

QuoteI'm sure you can do it because you have a super cool transhumanisty avatar!

Thank you. :)

QuoteAlso I'm sure you'll be like a super cute robot girl or something if you want to cosplay so you should definitely do hrt right away! : )

I will be many things, but I doubt cute will be one of them. I do plan on cosplaying Big Barda one of these days...

•  

elnora

Quote from: Shodan on March 01, 2013, 10:07:23 PM
I actually have to kind of disagree with you there. One of the commitments I made to myself when I decided to go on this journey was that I was going to be honest to my loved ones. Lying to them, to me, is a major breach of trust even if it is something as small as starting HRT earlier than expected.

Cool! Being honest can be really fun sometimes : )

•  

aleon515

•  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: aleon515 on March 01, 2013, 10:25:09 PM
Just what are they putting in estrogen these days??

Technically, there is no such thing as "estrogen." That's a broad category for female sex hormones line estradiol, etc.

They put peace of mind into a bottle.  :)  :P
  •  

elnora

I'm so lucky to be a girl ^_^. Been wearing makeup lately and it looks awesome.

•  

spacial

Quote from: aleon515 on March 01, 2013, 10:25:09 PM
Just what are they putting in estrogen these days??

--Jay

It's not a field I have any special knowledge of, but I strongly suspect that a large part of the improvement in well being comes from the replacement of the male hormone regime.
  •  

EmmaS

•  

aleon515

Quote from: spacial on March 02, 2013, 12:26:07 AM
It's not a field I have any special knowledge of, but I strongly suspect that a large part of the improvement in well being comes from the replacement of the male hormone regime.

Though doesn't help much if you are Ftm.

--Jay
  •  

spacial

Quote from: aleon515 on March 02, 2013, 01:32:56 AM
Though doesn't help much if you are Ftm.

--Jay

Initially, an FtM will reasonable expect, depression, mood swings and agression. Much like any teenage boy.

Eventually, that settles down and they should all develop into fine young men, broad shoulders, big muscles, self confidence and self respect.

If an FtM simply cannot deal with the process, they can choose to stop it, quite easily.

I hope you don't.
  •