Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Our Transgender Daughter Is Just Another Girl: Tell Her School to Stop Discrimi

Started by Shana A, March 06, 2013, 09:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

http://www.change.org/petitions/our-transgender-daughter-is-just-another-girl-tell-her-school-to-stop-discriminating

Our Transgender Daughter Is Just Another Girl: Tell Her School to Stop Discriminating

Petition by Kathryn & Jeremy Mathis

We are Kathryn and Jeremy Mathis, the parents of five children in Fountain, Colorado. One of our daughters, Coy, is six years old and in first grade.  Just before Christmas, Coy's school told us that after winter break, they would no longer allow her to use the girls' bathroom, because she is transgender.

They gave Coy three options for where to go to the bathroom; the boys' room, the staff bathroom with adults, or the nurse's bathroom which is used by sick children.

Coy is not sick, she is not an adult, and she is not a boy.

Coy is a girl. She wears girls' clothes, is addressed by everyone at the school using female pronouns, and has been accepted by her classmates and teachers as a girl. But if the school separates her from all her classmates to use the bathroom, they are singling her out for mistreatment, and teaching her classmates that it's okay to discriminate.

We want our daughter to have the same educational opportunities as every other Colorado student.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Lorri Kat

After that the battle of where to change for Gym class..  These 'current' mental scars over  the potty  are going to be nothing compaired to whats to come.   :'(   As crule as society is in general it does not even compare to the visceral onslught wrought forth by teenagers in a pack.    I am estatic she does not have to pretend to be someone she is not  and at the same time mortified for her by what I know lies ahead.
=^..^=
  •  

kelly25

I have to say this makes me smile her parents fighting for her rights. I wonder what parent complained or parents I should say I betting some kid told there parents about her and there parents not understanding freaked out called a bunch of others parentss than called the bord to complaine that's usuall how these things happen common she been using the bathroom for half the year why all sudden  the change
  •  

Lorri Kat

Quote from: kelly25 on March 06, 2013, 04:55:38 PM
I have to say this makes me smile her parents fighting for her rights. I wonder what parent complained or parents I should say I betting some kid told there parents about her and there parents not understanding freaked out called a bunch of others parentss than called the bord to complaine that's usuall how these things happen common she been using the bathroom for half the year why all sudden  the change

School boards are 'elected'.  Mob ruled democracy at its worst.
=^..^=
  •