Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A song for you all on the forum

Started by Lesley_Roberta, April 02, 2013, 11:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesley_Roberta

This song had me crying, but it was great happy tears, in a time when it is often so hard to cry too.

I hope it uplifts you all.

Well being TG is no treat, but becoming separated has sure caused me more trouble that being TG ever will be. So if I post, consider it me trying to distract myself from being lonely, not my needing to discuss being TG. I don't want to be separated a lot more than not wanting to be male looking.
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

Well  everyone has preferences :)

Never heard of that group though, and it did sound kinda closer to noise than anything else :)

They seem able to play their instruments well enough, just a bit to fast though and a bit too prone to being just loud.

Maybe if I were a guy it might appeal to me more.
Well being TG is no treat, but becoming separated has sure caused me more trouble that being TG ever will be. So if I post, consider it me trying to distract myself from being lonely, not my needing to discuss being TG. I don't want to be separated a lot more than not wanting to be male looking.
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

I look at it as who would be likely to end up on a stage in Vegas able to do sold out shows for 5 years in a row.

Some groups just have no staying power. They sound too much like all the rest.

That group, they have no sound that sets them apart. Sounded like several guys that likely would sound better if they worked on playing with less volume.

I like Rush, now there's a solid group. Been putting out solid music for more than 30 years now non stop.

Some groups have what it takes to be awesome, and some, they are destined to be forgotten.
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

No argument there, the internet has likely done more harm than good.

But like I said, how many could draw the same level of draw Celine did? The internet hasn't hurt her any.

Originally though the point of the first post I made was directed at the uplifting nature of the song.

Whatever it's merits as a group, there was nothing 'uplifting' about Helloween :) Lyrically, you'd need to direct me to the lyrics, as they are incapable of being discerned thanks to how loud they are singing. Well I suppose it can be called singing.

For a group to become big, they need to appeal to almost any listener.
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

Successful means you reached the largest number of ears. Not that it was anything other than that.

Suggesting it is anything other is really just a defensive posture really.

I love Celine Dion, but she's hardly the only thing I listen to. I like Rush, and I like Abba and I think they have nothing in common.
Well aside from being massively successful and somewhat iconic.

Currently I tend to listen to whatever my son listens to. He's mainly into Trance. Most of it is very easy to listen to. Not harsh, not angry not really saying anything, in fact a lot has no lyrics. I tend to really love anime based music videos too. Usually the message of the song leaps past the original artists intent when lent to a new visual. I tend to prefer to 'see' music as much as hear it, as I get to enjoy the visual every time I hear the song afterwards.

Not everyone can be big and successful though. That's just life.
  •