Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Mind Is The Root From Which All Things Grow !

Started by Anatta, April 28, 2013, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

How to overcome hardship and difficulties ie 'suffering'...

"The most important method that includes all other methods is beholding the mind-
The mind is the root from which all things grow-
If you can understand the mind-everything else is included !"

Bodhidharma

Happy Mindfulness :)

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Misato

I really love the wording of "The Mind Is The Root From Which All Things Grow!"

Quite beautiful.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora Misato,

Yes I really appreciate Bodhidharma's wisdom and great insight...

A profound truth which is available to all those that seek the truth and an end to suffering...

It's a good meditation and or contemplation tool, along with one of my other favourites :

"One hour and then another.
Inexorably march, step by step.
Whenever I meet you, we each smile.
But who is it who drags your corpse around?"

Chan Master Hsu Yun (Empty Cloud)

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Misato

Probably shouldn't have read that last at work.  I get the feeling I'll be thinking about it the remainder of the day.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora Misato,

For years we have been conditioned to think in a certain way, which conjures up emotions to go with the particular thought, and they[thoughts and emotions] have developed a habit of feeding off each other-hence the continuous cycle, and the rut that many people seem to get into and find hard to get out of ...

We live with our thoughts and through our thoughts, ie, "What we 'think', we are/become !"

There's a famous Tibetan Buddhist mantra [well I think the words are actually in the Pali language] "Om Mani Padma Hun !"
When roughly translated means "The Jewel is in the Lotus !" And in plain English "What one seeks one already is !" Or "What we seek we are !"

However with time and effort one can change ones 'thought' pattern creating more 'wholesome' habits and emotions...

"If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place !"

•  

Anatta

Kia Ora whoever might by chance just so happen to stumble upon this thread,

Just thought this little snippet from 'Sadhguru' on fear and other mind related things, would go nicely with the topic on  'mind'...

And Thank You Princess of Hearts [ You haven't been around for a while, but if you should read this]

BTW Sadhguru's not a Buddhist, but close enough  ;)

•