News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Alternative Reality-A "Homonormative" World

Started by Anatta, May 11, 2013, 01:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

It's a short film , which runs for around 20mins....

Quite moving and well worth a look...But...

WARNING-This film may stir up unwanted emotions...

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora Kyh,

"Those who are discriminated against don't always have clean hands themselves"...

I'm glad you don't hold a grudge against 'all' gay men...

It's funny even though it was a fictional "What if" kind of film, it really hits home on how devastating discrimination can be...I'm sure if 'straight' cis people saw it, it would make them think...

In the 'real' world  straights, gays and trans-people, each are capable of discriminating against those who are 'different'...

This short film just puts an interesting twist on institutionalised discrimination...

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Keaira

It just reminded me of the bullying and crap I endured growing up. Only, I think bullying is far worse now that it was when I was younger. I didn't have a cell phone for them to send hate messages 24/7. Or emails and facebook posts...

But some things are getting better.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

And thanks for your comments...

Even though it's not directly trans-related, it does expose prejudice and discrimination for what they are based upon..."Ignorance"   

It's the sort of film that should be shown in Schools, Colleges, Universities,  etc...

•  

eli77

I think this needs a suicide warning, please.

That said, this is a beautiful film. I hope it changes some minds.
  •