Main Menu

Hamilton, Ontario area Trans Support group

Started by Alexis Hennen, September 01, 2013, 11:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexis Hennen

Here is where I go. Hope it helps.

Trans Peer Support Group
Drop-in to our group, no appointment is necessary

The Well provides a drop-in, facilitated trans peer support group once a month. The purpose of this group is to provide formal peer-support, interesting discussion topics, movies, and more. For more information, email transpeersupport@gmail.com.

Who: We welcome all people who identify as transgender, transsexual, trans, bigender, third gender, intersex, genderqueer,  gender>-bleeped-<, FtM, MtF, cross-dresser, transvestite, two-spirited, boi, t-girl, t-boy, or questioning!

When: 4th Wednesday of each month (6:00 – 9:00 p.m.)

Where: Location:  NEW ACCESSIBLE LOCATION!
    140 King Street East, Suite 101, Hamilton, ON; L8N 1B2
    The suite is in the basement, look for our dark purple banner. This location is wheelchair accessible. There is also an entrance into the Effort Trust Building at 105 Main Street East.

Once you step through the threshold, your life will forever be changed...
  •  

MadeleineG

Thanks for posting.

I love Hamilton! How trans-friendly a city do you find it to be?
  •  

Alexis Hennen

I would say that it's average. There are people that are going to hate us no matter where we live. For the most part though people keep to them selves. I would say that things are changing here for the better. But there is still a ways to go.
  •  

MadeleineG

Are you in the lower city or up on the mountain?
  •  

Alexis Hennen

I am in the east end of the lower city. also known as the BAD side of town.
  •  

MadeleineG

LOL. That's my favourite part of the city! Lovely old tree-lined neighbourhoods full of century homes. Great urban vibe.
  •  

TransgenderCanadian

Hey I hope you see this! I'm an 18 year old still sort of closeted mtf living in the Hamilton lower East end too! I'm on 3 weeks HRT right now but I don't really have much of a support network so I've been looking to reach out to trans people in Toronto, can you message me or something if you see this?
  •