Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Transgender 6-Year-Olds in Potty Spurs California Repeal Drive

Started by Amelia Pond, September 09, 2013, 08:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicky

Glendora is the third city east of me along the 210 Freeway and my town has a major shopping mall that Glendorans patronize.  I was in that mall yesterday, and the line of 4, 5 and 6 year old cis males in tow with their mothers in the women's restroom was highly impressive.  There were 14 stalls in the place (I had time to count them as I waited unobserved or commented on) and each one had a male child in it.  The cis male urchins with buzz cuts, jeans, and a couple with near sexist T-shirts outnumbered their female counterparts in the women's room.  Their cis female counterparts were in an even longer line with cis male parents (I hope) headed into the Mens room.

Where was this Boyd character when you needed him!!  Probably sitting at home with a beer while his spouse took their all male son into the ladies room at the mall.
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •  

Ashey

My elementary school also had single-occupancy unisex bathrooms. This kinda crap always makes me groan. If the kid is presenting as the gender appropriate for the bathroom, and if the other kids don't care, what's the issue? -_-
  •  

mac1

Quote from: Vicky on November 12, 2013, 11:34:08 AM
Glendora is the third city east of me along the 210 Freeway and my town has a major shopping mall that Glendorans patronize.  I was in that mall yesterday, and the line of 4, 5 and 6 year old cis males in tow with their mothers in the women's restroom was highly impressive.  There were 14 stalls in the place (I had time to count them as I waited unobserved or commented on) and each one had a male child in it.  The cis male urchins with buzz cuts, jeans, and a couple with near sexist T-shirts outnumbered their female counterparts in the women's room.  Their cis female counterparts were in an even longer line with cis male parents (I hope) headed into the Mens room.

Where was this Boyd character when you needed him!!  Probably sitting at home with a beer while his spouse took their all male son into the ladies room at the mall.
Men's public restrooms never have enough stalls and in some the stalls have short doors and walls which do not offer any real privacy. I always sit to pee and don't ever use a urinal thus I would like to be able to use the women's public restrooms.

There is not any real reason to have separate sex based public restrooms. Multi user unisex restrooms would be much more practical and beneficial to all. All that would be required is private stalls with adequate walls and doors to offer needed privacy for everybody. Common sinks are not an infringement on one's privacy.

Such a facility would offer many benefits, some of which are:

Construction costs and space requirements would be reduced.

There would no longer be any need for single user or family restrooms
which are costly and take up too much space.

Parents of young children would not have a problem as to which facility to use.

They would be safer for everybody as valurnable women, men, and young
children would be less likely to be alone in the restroom.

Waiting times for all people would be equal.

I could list many more benefits but these will do for now.
?
  •  

Silvermist

Quote from: mac1 on November 15, 2013, 04:27:42 PM
Men's public restrooms never have enough stalls and in some the stalls have short doors and walls which do not offer any real privacy. I always sit to pee and don't ever use a urinal thus I would like to be able to use the women's public restrooms.

There is not any real reason to have separate sex based public restrooms. Multi user unisex restrooms would be much more practical and beneficial to all. All that would be required is private stalls with adequate walls and doors to offer needed privacy for everybody. Common sinks are not an infringement on one's privacy.

Such a facility would offer many benefits, some of which are:

Construction costs and space requirements would be reduced.

There would no longer be any need for single user or family restrooms
which are costly and take up too much space.

Parents of young children would not have a problem as to which facility to use.

They would be safer for everybody as valurnable women, men, and young
children would be less likely to be alone in the restroom.

Waiting times for all people would be equal.

I could list many more benefits but these will do for now.
You forgot to mention that difficulties facing infirm and/or elderly people and their caretakers are typically mentioned as a good reason to have unisex multi-user restrooms.

I plan to write a comprehensive and definitive essay about the bathroom issue and post it here soon :)

•  

mac1

Quote from: Silvermist on November 17, 2013, 09:31:31 PM
You forgot to mention that difficulties facing infirm and/or elderly people and their caretakers are typically mentioned as a good reason to have unisex multi-user restrooms.

I plan to write a comprehensive and definitive essay about the bathroom issue and post it here soon :)
I am glad to see you agree with me. Hope they become common place soon.
?
  •