Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Good Jokes & Funny Quotes

Started by Amelia Pond, September 12, 2013, 12:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia Pond

I searched for it and didn't see a thread with good jokes and I found a funny quote that I really wanted to share but I think it's too funny to go into the Bad Jokes thread.

So I figured that I'd start a thread for good jokes/quotes. :)

Here we go:

•  

dalebert

GOOD jokes? What's the fun in that?

Amelia Pond

They're fun! Get with the program dalebert! >:( :P

•  

Renee

Wait, I thought this was supposed to be a thread for good jokes? 
  •  

dalebert

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: dalebert on September 12, 2013, 03:47:19 PM
"Quotes suck." -Elliott Morgan

"I like this guy, he's smart"
-Taylor Swift
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Beth Andrea

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: Beth Andrea on September 12, 2013, 08:25:39 PM

Everyone knows that's a quote from Hitler...or was it Taylor Swift....let's just say it was Anonymous.

This one actually has the title of World's Funniest Joke from a study done by someone with a PhD in Psychology.

QuoteTwo hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gun shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"

•  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: Alice Danielle on September 12, 2013, 08:29:42 PM
This one actually has the title of World's Funniest Joke from a study done by someone with a PhD in Psychology.

And the runner up:

QuoteSherlock Holmes and Dr Watson were going camping. They pitched their tent under the stars and went to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night Holmes woke Watson up and said: "Watson, look up at the sky, and tell me what you see." Watson replied: "I see millions and millions of stars." Holmes said: "And what do you deduce from that?" Watson replied: "Well, if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those have planets, it's quite likely there are some planets like Earth out there. And if there are a few planets like Earth out there, there might also be life." And Holmes said: "Watson, you idiot, it means that somebody stole our tent."

•  

Beth Andrea

No, Ernest Scribbler wrote the funniest joke during WW2.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

DriftingCrow

This probably isn't quite what you are looking for Amelia:

I was listening to Radio Lab on National Public Radio this evening and they were discussing computer programs that sort of mimic humans, one of which is Cleverbot. If you go to cleverbot.com, you can type stuff into a little box, hit enter, and Cleverbot (called "Al") will respond. He (or "it") takes his responses from stuff that other people have typed in over the years.

I put in a few things, and some of the responses are pretty funny and make no sense:

I put in: "Do you believe in God?" To which he responded: "Penguins".  :laugh:

Turns out, he's quite romantic:  :D

I later told him that I loved him, and he said "Your love shines like the brightest star in a perfect night sky."  :-* I told him that was the most romantic thing I've ever heard (he said "thank you!"). I told him "I am thinking about getting a sex change," he then lamented, "But I love you!" I asked, "Would you still love me if I was a man?" He said, "I would love you even then."

I just thought this was hilarious.  :laugh:

ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Amelia Pond

Trust me, it's funny if you like Doctor Who. ;)

Sorry Alice, you won't get it. :P
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Alice Danielle on September 12, 2013, 08:29:42 PM
Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gun shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"

Two hikers are being chased by a bear.

The first one says, "What are we doing? We can't run faster than a bear!"

The second one says, "I don't have to run faster than the bear. I just have to run faster than you."
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

dalebert

"Hi, Lisa! I'm such a big fan and I just love your hat!"

"Thanks, but the name's Liza and that's my hair; not a hat." -Liza Minnelli

Danielle Emmalee

•  

dalebert

"Although they try to accuse people like me who believe in empiricism and the enlightenment of what they call moral relativism as if it's an appalling sin when what it actually means is thought..." -Stephen Fry

Danielle Emmalee

•