Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Photo sharing thread

Started by barbie, September 19, 2013, 01:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent Johnson

I haven't been able to touch my camera as often lately, but I will share some pictures I have taken in the past couple years. I will point out that as far as landscape pictures go, I don't really have any because I live in a very visually boring area.

This is a picture of machinery at a cotton gin

These two pictures are the result of me going out in the yard and messing around with plastic figurines. (the deer aren't real)

A picture of my goat named Ace. He is my baby!

These are a couple pictures I had taken while wandering around at an abandoned cemetery nearby. There is a road that runs right through the middle of it, so that is why there are tombstones piled on top of each other.
"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers, any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."

#LheaStrong
  •  

Raye

I'm a bit intimidated by the skill here. Do note most of these images are from my Photography Classes back in 2012 and currently I just don't pursue it as a career at this time.
If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my capabilities and/or knowledge in a concise amount of time when I am available! ^^

I really like messy looks it shows a more natural approach vs. something being staged. Makes it look hella loads unprofessional, but like I said more natural and normal with a bit of chaos!
Hai Der! =^.^=
They/Them
He/Him
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Vincent Johnson on July 06, 2016, 11:47:16 PM
I haven't been able to touch my camera as often lately, but I will share some pictures I have taken in the past couple years. I will point out that as far as landscape pictures go, I don't really have any because I live in a very visually boring area.

Interesting photos. Surely you live in a rural area.
I live in between urban and rural area.
Jeju island is a famous destination for tourism here.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Raye on July 10, 2016, 07:55:19 AM
I really like messy looks it shows a more natural approach vs. something being staged. Makes it look hella loads unprofessional, but like I said more natural and normal with a bit of chaos!

Yes. You can take whatever you want to express. I also think there is no gold rule in photography.
Raye, you live in a rural area, too?

At my home

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Raye

I use to live in a rural town until I get dragged to a semi town/rural area. It doesn't feel like a town because it's just a straight way from the highway. It's still a town, but it really doesn't feel like one things are very spread out on the highway and rarely feel close-knit to each other. Currently I live in an apartment complex I might see if I can find some of the older photos.
Hai Der! =^.^=
They/Them
He/Him
  •  

April_marrie

My interests are varied while photographing different things i love birds mainly ill see if i can post a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

April_marrie

Quote from: April_marrie on July 11, 2016, 12:44:57 AM
My interests are varied while photographing different things i love birds mainly ill see if i can post a few

•  

barbie

Quote from: April_marrie on July 11, 2016, 12:44:57 AM

Wonderful!
Just do it.
  •  

Cindy

Technically nothing but for those outside of Australia wondering what a Billabong is:

This isn't one, no water, no water plants and no dogs. But a warning!!

•  

Vincent Johnson

Quote from: barbie on July 10, 2016, 02:06:22 PM
Interesting photos. Surely you live in a rural area.
I live in between urban and rural area.
Jeju island is a famous destination for tourism here.

barbie~~

Yeah, I live in a very rural area. Quite literally the talk of the town right now is how good the corn crops look. I think the most "urban" thing in the town is the fact that we have a stoplight. Not only is it rural but there isn't even any interesting hills or rivers nearby. It kind of sucks.
"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers, any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."

#LheaStrong
  •  

Cindy

I'm working on a way to carry my camera attached to my tripod so it is available for instant use. I tend to use one of two lenses when I am out and about 50-300mm and a 60mm micro I use for close up stuff. I was going to sling one off my walking belt in a bag and I want a sling around the tripod and camera so I can have that over my neck and shoulder ready for use.

Any ideas?
  •  

Dena

When ever possible, I shoot hand held existing light I find tripods get in the way and when shooting people I like the natural look of people when you get that candid picture. Not to say I don't use a tripod when I need it. The first picture was a 10 second exposure of the blood moon and I happened to take the picture while a jet was on approach to Sky Harbor Airport. The second was the next night. Both pictures used a 500mm zoom lens which isn't the best quality but it's far cheaper than the lens I really want.

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Cindy

Love that Blood Moon!!

Great Pic.

Is this the lens you want?

Not to be used by hand, I can hardly pick it up. Notice the tripod supports the lens, the camera bolts on; the tripod weighs a tonne as well.  It does great close ups of things a long way away! He has some lovely pics from this.

I prefer the close ups and the tripod becomes critical. I had a nice time with this young ant emerging into the world, I took about 200 shots but never got the one that was good. But that is what I like doing.

This was using the 60mm micro.
  •  

Deborah

I like taking pictures of my main hobby which is my aquarium.  I have a 75 gal tank I set up about six weeks ago to replace a previous aquarium that sprung a leak one night and made quite a mess.  I don't have any expensive camera equipment so these are with my iPhone.  The first pic is one of my newer angelfish that while appearing quite peaceful is the most aggressive fish in the tank.  The second pic is a ram cichlid that likes hanging out near the bottom. I have a variety of other fish in there two including two clown loaches that I've had now for nearly five years.  They are getting pretty big, around four inches long and fat bodied.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Cindy

•  

jujubes1986

Quote from: barbie on October 03, 2013, 06:14:41 AM
I took a photo from the airplane. It is an island called 'Biyangdo' at my hometown.

The sea water is crystal clear around the year.

barbie~~
that looks amazing :) keep it up with your photography :)

[/url]
  •  

jujubes1986

Quote from: Dena on July 17, 2016, 02:10:05 AM
When ever possible, I shoot hand held existing light I find tripods get in the way and when shooting people I like the natural look of people when you get that candid picture. Not to say I don't use a tripod when I need it. The first picture was a 10 second exposure of the blood moon and I happened to take the picture while a jet was on approach to Sky Harbor Airport. The second was the next night. Both pictures used a 500mm zoom lens which isn't the best quality but it's far cheaper than the lens I really want.

just amazing pictures :) thank you for sharing :)

[/url]
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Just a little, very famous stone bridge.  This has been photoshopped to take out a power pole and wires to make it look like it did in the early 1950's.

Newgrange

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

barbie

At a nearby barley field

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Evienne

This was a "product shot" I did for a class assignment :p

But a few months ago I discovered an interesting technique for capturing light rays. I've been taking a lot of photos of different patterns. Got a big drive full of RAW files that I want to edit, make look nice and then upload one day but don't have the time right now.
But here's some samples:

The cool thing is they are all as the eye sees them. Didn't edit them or use any fancy camera trick. it's just a neat little thing I stumbled across with light and grew a passion to start photographing interesting designs.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •