Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How long do I need to wait between FFS and SRS?

Started by abbyt89, October 01, 2013, 12:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abbyt89

So, I'm considering having FFS done prior to my SRS, but due to school I may not be able to do my FFS until the end of May. Then, at the end of June I planned on having SRS. Is one month sufficient between these surgeries, or would I have to get the FFS done earlier?

It's not going to be too major of a procedure, just forehead/hairline/nose, I'm just unsure of what the typical recovery period is.

Thanks!
  •  

sarahb

A month after my FFS a lot of the bruising and swelling was gone, but there was still a tiny bit. It still had a long way to go to heal completely and take its final shape though. To put it in perspective, I started talking to this guy a couple weeks before my FFS and was trying to hold off on meeting him face-to-face until I felt comfortable that I've healed enough. I met him pretty much a month after the surgery, so that goes to show you that I felt comfortable enough that the bruising and swelling and stuff was pretty well healed enough to not be noticeable at that time.

That being said, the only issue I can think of with having them so soon after each other is potentially the anesthesiologist requiring a certain time between administering anesthesia. There may also be issues with medication, as I can't remember if I was still having to take any pain meds prescribed by my FFS doctor after a month (I want to say no).

I would contact both doctors and see what they say.

Also, I thought SRS was going to be more than a month after FFS? You're just speeding through your transition :)
  •  

abbyt89

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to talk to the specific doctors, but I'm still in the early consult phase as far as FFS is concerned.

My SRS is going to be done at the end of June, as that's the earliest possible since that will be 1 year of RLE. Ideally I would have FFS done in December between semesters, but since it is already October I'm not sure if that would be feasible. So the next opportunity would be in the middle of May after spring classes end.
  •  

LauraGirl

I don't how extended you will have your FFS. Personally I would wait for 2 months because of the swelling. An extended FFS may also ask a lot of you, mentally. Do not underestimate this!

I had two FFS's, one in March, the other in June! My srs will take place in November. There is a gap but still very close to each other. I sometimes wonder if I don't demand too much of my body in such brief time frame.